Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge on Discord to access private areas with the latest PS4 FPKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 27, 2021 at 5:35 AM       5,667       18      
Earlier this month the PlayStation 5 saw USB Extended Storage Support, and today Sony returns with PS5 System Software / Firmware v3.10 (Version 21.01-03.10.00) bringing no love to the PS5 Scene primarily consisting of a stability / security fix that allegedly 'improves system performance' according to the brief changelog. :nolove:

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS5 Game Backups and PlayStation 5 homebrew apps, emulators, etc whenever a PS5 Jailbreak Exploit arrives in the PS5Scene.

Download: PS5 Firmware 03.10.00 Update (US) / PS5 Firmware 03.10.00 Update (EU) / PS5 Firmware 03.10.00 Update (UK) / PS5 Firmware 03.10.00 Update (AU/NZ) / PS5 Firmware 03.10.00 Update (JP)

Here's a guide on How to Update the PlayStation 5 System Software / Firmware, and to quote from Sony's official page on the PS5 Firmware 3.10 Update changes:

Version: 21.01-03.10.00
  • This system software update improves system performance.
PS5 System Software  Firmware v3.10 is Now Live, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

ThatCoolguy

Contributor
Verified
I waited like this for the PS3 and PS4. While all my friends were jamming online. I am not waiting for the PS5.

rainbowkittypaw

Contributor
Verified
Yeah, no thanks. It took ages for the PS4 to be jailbroken.

I'll buy a second PS5 and sit it on a shelf if I want a 1.00 Jailbreak etc although preferably I'd rather have a jailbreak with the external hard drive support, but maybe that can be homebrewed in.

Chaos Kid

Developer
Contributor
Why are all of you waiting for a jailbreak when the webkit dont have room for browser in it? That means there wont be a browser exploit if browser isnt in the webkit

miguelra1974

Contributor
Verified
I do not think it will bring any improvement, it will only be to cover weak points in the system and that at the moment it cannot be attacked.