Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 18, 2021 at 8:45 PM       30      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since their PS5 Power, Thermals & Storage Analysis the folks at Digital Foundry have returned with a PS5 vs PS4 Pro Comparison Video showcasing the PlayStation 5 60 FPS upgrade of Days Gone against that of the 30 FPS PlayStation 4 Pro console footage. 🎮

Check it out below, and to quote from DigitalFoundry.net:

"One of two PlayStation 5 Sony first party exclusives to benefit from a 60fps upgrade for PlayStation 5, Days Gone benefits tremendously from the upgrade, with the vast majority of standard gameplay holding steady at 60fps - but can it survive the 300-strong onslaught of the Horde in challenge mode?

NOTE: An error in this piece - while Days Gone, The Last Guardian and God of War are a part of the PlayStation Collection, Ghost of Tsushima is not."

Days Gone on PS5 - Super Smooth at 60FPS - But Can It Survive The Horde?

Here are some more PS5 vs PS4 Pro comparisons done by DF recently:

Ghost of Tsushima: PS5 vs PS4 Pro
The Last Guardian PS5 Runs At 60FPS

Also released today is the Hitman 3 Official Launch Trailer for those interested:

Enjoy the launch trailer for Hitman 3 as it launches across most major platforms on January 20.

PS5 vs PS4 Pro Comparison Video of the Days Gone 60 FPS Upgrade.jpg

Comments

Maybe I'm stupid, but if you do not compare side by side, the difference for me is very little. I had to look left and right constantly at Days Gone. Maybe it's my laptop screen?

I am fine with 30 fps. I cannot care about 60 fps.. Not much difference. A little bit improvement but thats about it. 60 fps or 30 fps doesnt matter to me as long as it is smoothly and fully playable.

Fun fact: .....non of these titles are built for the PS5, all 8th gen titles made for the previous gen and ported to the PS5 XD

I remember more than 20 years ago I missed out on Tenchu 2 and FF 9 on PSX because the PS2 ate all my budget. So I guess for kids nowadays on a tight budget these ports make sense. For people already owning a PS4 copy (I guess not many own Ghost of Tsushima though ;)) there's no need to buy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back