Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 18, 2021 at 8:45 PM       30      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since their PS5 Power, Thermals & Storage Analysis the folks at Digital Foundry have returned with a PS5 vs PS4 Pro Comparison Video showcasing the PlayStation 5 60 FPS upgrade of Days Gone against that of the 30 FPS PlayStation 4 Pro console footage. 🎮

Check it out below, and to quote from DigitalFoundry.net:

"One of two PlayStation 5 Sony first party exclusives to benefit from a 60fps upgrade for PlayStation 5, Days Gone benefits tremendously from the upgrade, with the vast majority of standard gameplay holding steady at 60fps - but can it survive the 300-strong onslaught of the Horde in challenge mode?

NOTE: An error in this piece - while Days Gone, The Last Guardian and God of War are a part of the PlayStation Collection, Ghost of Tsushima is not."

Days Gone on PS5 - Super Smooth at 60FPS - But Can It Survive The Horde?

Here are some more PS5 vs PS4 Pro comparisons done by DF recently:

Ghost of Tsushima: PS5 vs PS4 Pro
The Last Guardian PS5 Runs At 60FPS

Also released today is the Hitman 3 Official Launch Trailer for those interested:

Enjoy the launch trailer for Hitman 3 as it launches across most major platforms on January 20.

PS5 vs PS4 Pro Comparison Video of the Days Gone 60 FPS Upgrade.jpg

Comments

People who say there is no difference... I have a PS5 and PS4 phat, i played the game on both of these consoles, and I can tell you there is a BIG difference, both in term of resolution (4k dynamic versus 1080p) and framerate (60fps versus 30fps)

why lock at 60 when you can go higher at 120fps, so meaning this ps5 is weak... if they put ryzen to ps4 pro it can hit at 60fps funny they did not released a ps4 pro slim with ryzen so that the gpu on pro can reach its peak

I m still happy with my ps4 pro.... 30 Fps is good for me.... i m really tight on budget so i cant afford ps5 right now... I luv my ps4 pro more now with jb v7.02 ....Respect to all devs and friends here.... I enjoy with what i have right now

as i said before , is not worth buying ps5 because there is no difference betwen ps4 pro and ps5. the same quality , what a fail.

I don't understand how people don't see the difference between 30 and 60 fps. For me it seems stuttering on 30 fps on those games. I have 144 hz monitor and it became too hard for me to experience low fps :(

lucky I won't really notice the difference since I won't be playing the ps4 vs ps4 pro version side by side haha

I completely agreed. The only thing that would push me into getting the PS5 are the exclusive games @miri2121

Guys, what's wrong with your eyes? Or your screens?
The difference is huge and visible. But I don't understand one thing. Didn't they mention before the release of PS4 that all games will be 60 fps?

Yeah, the difference in terms of visual quality is there but the gaming experience will be similar on each console. What I mean is that if you are stuck on the PS4, you won't "feel" the difference because you have not had the experience of playing the same game on the PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back