Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge on Discord to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 15, 2021 at 4:58 AM       8,187       13      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since testing of the Use-After-Free Vulnerability (CVE-2021-30858) in the PS4Scene indicated the bug is present in the PS4 WebKit, several in the PS5Scene also gave the Proof-of-Concept Test a try with the PS5 OSS WebKit on a PlayStation 5 console including @cedsaill4 (aka Cedsaill2 on Twitter) and @yyoossk (aka Cloud0835 on Twitter) with some positive feedback as well in the Tweets below. :geek:

While many are still battling PlayStation 5 Scalpers to actually obtain a console for testing Private PS4 Exploits in hopes of a PS5 Jailbreak, below are some previous articles sorted by date with the oldest first for those new to the scene:
As usual, it's :alert: not advisable :alert: to update your PS5 console... Cheers to FxckThePolice for the heads-up on this earlier and @cedsaill4 via Twitter for the screenshot below! šŸ»
PS5 WebKit Also Affected by Use-After-Free Vulnerability (CVE-2021-30858).jpg

Comments

blimblim04

Contributor
Verified
Bring it on, my ps5 is hungry for it. Good job everyone involved, Thank You!!!

@jwooh , I don't think you will get it any time soon, at least not for the retail price.

lucasnooker

Contributor
Wow. Honestly didnt expect progress so fast... this is great news not even a year into the consoles release... maybe an exploit may be successfully implemented before the 3 year into the console life cycle this time around?

loader1872

Contributor
I know some of you may not want to but I paid the $20 gamestop pro membership fee and since then I have got 12 PS5 for my friends and no I am not charging 1 dime more.

I have got 1-3 everytime that have come out since signing up. (No I dont work for GameStop) I am trying to get them so the scalpers cant. Yes they are bundles but so far that $20 has helped me get my friends ps5's

Status
Not open for further replies.

:fire: Latest Help Topics