Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter grill2010       Start date Oct 8, 2018 at 8:47 AM       22      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I've worked on a workaround solution to provide Android users the possibility to use their smartphone as Dualshock gamepad or remote access tool for their PS4.

Only drawback is that you have to establish the connection over your Windows PC (at least Windows 8.1 is required) and the official PS4 Remote Play program and the PSJoy server must be installed on the system.

The solution is far away from ideal but if you have a stable Internet connection it should work without any problems. You can find below some demonstration videos

Demonstration videos:

PSJoy - PS4 Remote Play Spy (Requires Windows 8.1 or newer)
PSJoy Setup - How to use your Android smartphone as Dualshock gamepad for your PS4
Play PS4 Games on any Android - Remote Play 2018 with PSJoy (NO root)
The app is called PSJoy and is available for all Android devices with Android 5.0 or newer. The app will be available for free between October 22 and 28, 2018. If you have any questions feel free to contact me, feedback is desired. :)

Btw, if delroth decides to finish his open source project I will definitely build an Android version. As he is currently working on other projects no one should put him under pressure as it is anyway his decisions if he wants to continue his work or not. But without his knowledge in reverse engineering I doubt anyone will be able to build an Android version soon.

PSJoy PS4 Remote Play for PC and Android Devices by Grill2010.jpg

Comments

Sorry unfortunately not :(

I was just thinking by myself, as I don't have a jailbroken PS4 available yet I don't know so please forgive me the dumb question. Would a custom app really solve the problem of not being able to play on a jailbroken PS4?

Is it not the PS4 itself that are limiting the Remote Play capabilities? If a custom app would solve the problem can you not use this offline patch in the meantime to make the official PS4 Remote Play work? Thank you for answering my question. Maybe I can find a way to make it work on jailbroken consoles.

@xberkayx well, actually a lot. Unfortunately the official Android Remote Play doesn't allow to use a Dualshock controller if you are not on Android 10 (and according to other users which are already on Android 10 it still doesn't work on all phones) or any other 3rd Party controller.

PSPlay allows 3rd party controllers and of course it supports Dualshock controllers. PSPlay offers a controller button mapping feature and you can use Remote Play over mobile data (for playing over the internet you must configure port forwarding on your router at home though).

Furthermore, PSPlay can be used on rooted Android devices and supports Remote Play on PS4 firmware from 5.05 to 7.02 which is currently the newest firmware. This is useful for people who wants to use Remote Play on jailbroken PS4 consoles. The official one only supports the newest PS4 firmware.

You can also download PSPlay on Android TV devices. Beside the on-screen gamepad layout customization feature there are even more advantages but these are the most important ones I think. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. :)

@xberkayx sorry I thought you were writing under the PSPlay thread. All the explanation in my post above was meant for PSPlay. PSPlay is the successor of PSJoy. PSJoy could only connect to your PS4 via your PC and the official PS4 Remote Play program. It was a workaround solution but the only possibility at this time. Now I totally recommend to use PSPlay instead.

If you want to know more about PSPlay you should visit this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back