Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter grill2010       Start date Oct 8, 2018 at 8:47 AM       22      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I've worked on a workaround solution to provide Android users the possibility to use their smartphone as Dualshock gamepad or remote access tool for their PS4.

Only drawback is that you have to establish the connection over your Windows PC (at least Windows 8.1 is required) and the official PS4 Remote Play program and the PSJoy server must be installed on the system.

The solution is far away from ideal but if you have a stable Internet connection it should work without any problems. You can find below some demonstration videos

Demonstration videos:

PSJoy - PS4 Remote Play Spy (Requires Windows 8.1 or newer)
PSJoy Setup - How to use your Android smartphone as Dualshock gamepad for your PS4
Play PS4 Games on any Android - Remote Play 2018 with PSJoy (NO root)
The app is called PSJoy and is available for all Android devices with Android 5.0 or newer. The app will be available for free between October 22 and 28, 2018. If you have any questions feel free to contact me, feedback is desired. :)

Btw, if delroth decides to finish his open source project I will definitely build an Android version. As he is currently working on other projects no one should put him under pressure as it is anyway his decisions if he wants to continue his work or not. But without his knowledge in reverse engineering I doubt anyone will be able to build an Android version soon.

PSJoy PS4 Remote Play for PC and Android Devices by Grill2010.jpg

Comments

so it doesnt work for jailbroken consoles? and the app costs £3.59? and it requires my laptop to send the signals to my phone? hmmm no offence but whats its actual purpose in existing?

I can only repeat myself

"As I said it is far away from ideal. The main purpose of PSJoy was and is to be able to use your smartphone as Dualshock gamepad. Which is perfect for playing multiplayer games when you just have one controller available"

If you don't like it nobody forces you to buy or download the app. I build this app because I'm the developer of DroidJoy (an app which allows you to use your smartphone as real PC gamepad) I constantly got requests to build a similar app to emulate a Dualshock gamepad for your PS4. That's why I've built PSJoy, and believe it or not I did not even have a PS4 before I started to develop PSJoy. ;)

The main goal is still to develop a real Remote Play alternative for Android but as you may know this is not an easy task but probably possible with open source project from Delroth.

Sorry that PSJoy is still not working on jailbroken consoles...

As a developer you constantly get the question why something is not free. For me this is kind of a funny question, just imagine would you like to work without getting any payment? I don't blame you for that question but as a developer you really have to defend yourself all the time when you release something which is not free.

Of course delroth's solution is open source but this doesn't mean that you do not have to invest any more effort to port it to Android (or any other platform). Even parts of PSJoy are open source so everyone can develop a similar application and can release it for free.

If delroth ever publishes the protocol, there will be for sure not only one remote play clone available.

i hope i didnt come across rude. i didnt and wouldnt expect it for free but given that your using someone else free open source code i was just curious to ask. thank you for replying and although it may not be for me at the moment keep up the good work

No no don't worry no problem, it wasn't rude at all. But just to clarify PSJoy isn't using delroth's open source code. It is a completely unique different working solution to access your PS4.

Delroth's open source product is still work in progress and not finished yet. If he will ever finish his project then there will be no problem to develop a real Remote Play app which is able to connect to your PS4 directly without the need of a PC, and to be honest I would really appreciate that :)

Saw the post on PSXHAX Discord channel and clicks it with joy and excitement thinking that it is a clone for PS4 Remote Play that will work on Jailbroken PS4 that is not activated with PSN accounts just to be disappointed lol.

Just to be clear, I'm not disappointed in the app itself or the dev. I just thought that the day has finally come and that we can finally Remote Play our non-activated jailbroken PS4 in our PC and Android hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back