Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter grill2010       Start date Nov 18, 2019 at 9:35 AM       86      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

In case someone is interested, after PSJoy which I've released one year ago and following my RemotePlayPrototype open source research project I have developed a new Android app called PSPlay.

PSPlay offers you the possibility to remote control your PS4 without limitations. You can play your favorite games remotely while you are away*. PSPlay is optimized to provide streaming experience with lowest latency possible.

It's also a 3rd Party Remote Play client which supports 3rd Party controllers mobile data connections, multiple PS4 profiles and PS4 firmware from 5.05 to 7.00. A PC is of course not required anymore, you can check it out here:

Download: PSPlay: Unlimited PS4 Remote Play (Early Access) / PSPlay Website

There will be a special offer for the alpha test of PSPlay which starts tomorrow. Similar to REPL4Y, the app will be available for free for one week. Any feedback or suggestions for improvements are welcome.

A detailed tutorial will be published on my YouTube Channel soon as well as an introduction video. In the meantime you can have a look at the help website of PSPlay in case you have some questions.

*Please note: if you want to play over the Internet when you are not at home you have to configure port forwarding on your router. Otherwise, playing remotely will not work when you are not connected to your network at home.
PSPlay PS4 Remote Play App for Android Devices by Grill2010.jpg

Comments

I've just uploaded a new PSPlay version with Android TV support. It should be available in a few hours.

Recently I've also uploaded a short introduction video on YouTube which can be found here just in case someone wants to see how PSPlay works:

@sharates2 there was already a two week promo sale where PSPlay was free for one week. Beside that, you are fully protected by the Google Play Store refund mechanism.

If you do not like PSPlay just uninstall within 2 hours and Google will automatically refund your money. Otherwise just contact me and I will have a look. :)

Just in case someone is interested, PSPlay now supports gamepad button mapping. You can now create several gamepad button profiles for your individual gamepads.

The update should be available in a few hours, Google is currently verifying the new version.

You can check it out here.

Worth every penny I paid for it hands down. Even in it's alpha/beta stage still better than it's rivals.

Just one thing that I want to ask about, whenever I connect for any Bitrate other than the lowest (low in settings) I encounter stuttering every 4 to 5 seconds. I'm not asking for much I only want to play on standard Bitrate.

My settings goes like this:
Phone: Samsung galaxy note 9
Console: PS4 pro on 5.05 connected to router via LAN
Router: TL-WR940N_V6 (no 5 GHz available)
I don't connect the internet to the router.

@MohamedN thank you very much for your feedback. Did I have understand you correctly, you are playing not over the internet but on your local network at home and your router is not connected to the internet?

If that is the case it should work fine on your local network, of course there could be some things which are impacting the quality, either your smartphone doesn't have a good h264 decoder (but for your device it should be fine I think) or the problem it that your are playing over a 2.4GHz WiFi which is more error prone especially when there are a lot of other signals like Bluetooth or other WiFi networks around.

You could try to enable "real time" in the remote settings or maybe switching of Bluetooth on your device helps.

@grill2010 Thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes you understood me correctly, I never connect the internet to the console and I only play on local network. About the h264 I don't think that's the case with my phone.

I already enabled real time and don't drop frames option under remote settings with no success. I will keep trying if nothing worked I will have to buy a 5 GHz capable router (which I really don't want to do because of how ridiculous expensive those are where I live now)

soooo great news, I tried my phone as Hotspot and connected the PS4 to it through wifi. I'm happy to report that I'm playing on high Bitrate with no stuttering whatsoever. I can only imagine your work with this app getting better and better.
Thank you!

@MohamedN awesome, as I thought. It has something to do with the 2.4GHz WiFi or your router. Don't really know what it is but glad it works for you. Thanks for letting me know :)

Finally the new version of PSPlay is available. It should be available in a few hours in the Play Store. PSPlay can be downloaded here.

New features and improvements are listed below:
  • Improved connection setup
  • PIP mode (Picture-in-picture)
  • Multi-Window mode
  • Automatic port forwarding (UPnP)
  • Improve touchpad logic
  • Fix freezing bug on some devices
  • Improved button mapping
  • Improved onscreen layout customization
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements
If you have some problems or questions feel free to contact me. Thanks everyone for the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back