Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter grill2010       Start date Nov 18, 2019 at 9:35 AM       86      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

In case someone is interested, after PSJoy which I've released one year ago and following my RemotePlayPrototype open source research project I have developed a new Android app called PSPlay.

PSPlay offers you the possibility to remote control your PS4 without limitations. You can play your favorite games remotely while you are away*. PSPlay is optimized to provide streaming experience with lowest latency possible.

It's also a 3rd Party Remote Play client which supports 3rd Party controllers mobile data connections, multiple PS4 profiles and PS4 firmware from 5.05 to 7.00. A PC is of course not required anymore, you can check it out here:

Download: PSPlay: Unlimited PS4 Remote Play (Early Access) / PSPlay Website

There will be a special offer for the alpha test of PSPlay which starts tomorrow. Similar to REPL4Y, the app will be available for free for one week. Any feedback or suggestions for improvements are welcome.

A detailed tutorial will be published on my YouTube Channel soon as well as an introduction video. In the meantime you can have a look at the help website of PSPlay in case you have some questions.

*Please note: if you want to play over the Internet when you are not at home you have to configure port forwarding on your router. Otherwise, playing remotely will not work when you are not connected to your network at home.
PSPlay PS4 Remote Play App for Android Devices by Grill2010.jpg

Comments

@Vijay9398 if you get that error you can try again and try to restart your PS4, but basically that error means you are not able to connect to your PS4.

This could have several reasons, most most likely either port forwarding is not configured correctly (be sure that you have configured the correct protocol for the ports and that you forwarded to the correct internal IP of your PS4). Be sure that the public IP of your router you have entered in direct connect is correct.

Please try with the original PS4 Remote Play app from Sony, if that works there could be a problem in PSPlay. But as I have already several users which are using PSPlay with port forwarding enabled over the internet I don't think so.

In some rare cases you maybe have to contact your provider in order to make port forwarding work on your router (this was the case on one of my routers which I got from my provider...). But I would try my above suggestions first. Maybe you also have some firewall rules configured on your router?

@joshuableach thanks for asking, if you mean the port for iOS I just said that I will think about it.

PSPlay is still in alpha/ beta mode and there are still some things which I want to implement. Like I said I developed PSPlay in addition to my daily work.

Porting it to iOS is not something I can do in two weeks, I guess it will take at least a year and I haven't even started yet. Sorry for the disappointment.

@joshuableach thanks for the compliment :D
Don't worry I wasn't offended, I just wanted to clarify that I'm not able to port it to iOS that quickly. I work on such projects in my spare time and as long as I'm happy and someone find my apps useful I will continue.

Hi, can I use this app on ps4 5.05. Jailbreak? Because your instruction on site tell me that I need psn account, but my ps4 is jailbreak. Thanks. Sorry for my language

@denis688 yes you can and for that firmware version you do NOT need to login in your psn account. This is only required for firmware version 7.0 and newer (but only during the registration process to request your account id. The account id is a unique number and it is needed to connect to a PS4 with firmware version 7.0 and above).

If you are using an older firmware version you can simply select "I use firmware version 5-6" and "Register PS4 manually", just provide your psn online id (your user name) and the 8 digits pin and you can register PSPlay as Remote Play client without login. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

@sharates2 sure. Works perfectly fine from firmware 5.05 - 7.01. During the registration process please be sure you do not click I use PS4 firmware < 7.0 or I use PS4 firmware 5-6 if you are using a firmware version 7.0 or newer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back