Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! This tutorial is for helping those who have a bass impact issue on Sony's Pulse Elite Edition (or Gold Edition) Wireless 7.1 Stereo Headset that are currently running PS3 Custom Firmware. :cool:

On the last Pulse Wireless 7.1 update Sony removed the power bass and the bass is low compared to the original pulse factory firmware (1.0 maybe), so after this update the headset sound is cleaner.

During each button press for changing modes (game, music, etc...) the bass impact also has an issue where the bass stays very low, where users have to power off and power on the headset to go back to normal.... but I disliked this so here's a guide to resolve this problem and restore the bass to normal functionality. :)

P.S. Restore factory mode for the Pulse Elite doesn't help because Sony updated the firmware.

Note: This tutorial is only for PS3 consoles with Custom Firmware (I tested on 4.55 and 4.78) because if you download the original app from PSN you must have PSN connected and the app updates.

The original app doesn't open if you don't connect to PSN or an active Internet connection (avoiding this update is the goal because this causes the low bass issue) and this PKG and lithium.conf allows it to open without the required update connecting to PSN.

:alert: Check and deactivate Internet connection to a block automatic updates from the PKG

Necessary Archives:

MultiMAN or other software for make access on PS3 root HD.
Or you can copy to USB your archive Lithium.conf (HDD0/GAME/NPUO00025/USRDIR) and change the options of true to false:
Code:
NP_ENABLE=false NP_REQUIRED=false on a TXT editor
1 – Put the two archives on root of your pendrive

2 – Go and install the PKG

3 – Go to Multiman press start and select, open your Pendrive (USB0 or USB1) and copy the Lithium.conf.

4 - Now GO to the folder (HDD0/GAME/NPUO00025/Usrdir) and paste substitute the original Lithium.conf

5 – Close multiman and Connect with USB cable to your pulse elite

6 – Connect USB Pulse elite dongle

7 – Now open the app Pulse elite manager

8 – Now only press Start Button and follow the steps on TV

9 – Don't disconnect your pulse until the software says to

10 – When the update finish you have Power off and on the pulse, and tada congratulations the basses on the factory volume again.

This app can be used for the Gold Edition too, and for those who have a banned PS3 can update the app without connecting to PSN.
Pulse Elite  Gold Edition Wireless Stereo Headset Bass Fix Guide.jpg

Comments

I dont remember that issue... maybe because i never use the bass impact at all to save battery. So you say with this i can feel-hear better basses even on low???

Does it edit the fw on the pulse itself? or just modifie the database on the ps3? What about use this on pc/laptop ???

Do you have the special settings from TLOU and other games to install on cfw ?? Some of them do the trick.

I use the MOVIE mode for games and music, i think is the best from factory.

I dont remember that issue... maybe because i never use the bass impact at all to save battery.
So you say with this i can feel-hear better basses even on low???

Does it edit the fw on the pulse itself? or just modifie the database on the ps3?
What about use this on pc/laptop ???

Do you have the special settings from TLOU and other games to install on cfw ?? Some of them do the trick.

I use the MOVIE mode for games and music, i think is the best from factory.

Hi!!
Not perhaps by not using the bass impact did not notice, when it does the bass it vibrated a lot more due to the severity of the bass. After the upgrade, the bass was very weak compared to the previous on a scale of 1 to 10
The intensity of the bass impact and the power of the bass

Factory update 10
Current update 6

If you notice, when you turn on the headset on music then press to switch to the movie, then back to the music you will notice that the bass part is less powerful, and you will have to turn off and on to feel the bass as it was when you turn on preset music.

Sony update the firmware maybe has much RMA or because much people complain of bass intence and limited on this update.

With app is possible install TLOU an other games presets on cfw however updating the app on download TLOU preset the bass impact stay weak again.

This tutorial is for who (like me rsrs) update the firmware on ps4 for download more presets, and didn't liked, sony dont let we downgrade the firmware because the app companion forces internet connection and dont open without last update, this link is a pkg version of 2013 (old pulse elite manager) after updating he goes to (Headset Companion app) the pulse elite manager have the standard factory original firmware.

Well, my elite is not updated, but i have to say it has the most RETARDED design of the world to implement the bass impact...

How sony designers could think you will enjoy bass impact if between the device and your head exist a heavy foam to reduce IMPACTS !!!

And they do advertise this thing as a 7.1 ???!!! WTF!!?? That is retarded at maximum!!

Is just a simple manipulated STEREO on a complete(?) range speakers... I feel bad , ill take my pill... and wait for the BT future//possible//maybe//i dont think so ... model.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back