Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter Theprodigyhnic       1      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theprodigyhnic

Contributor
I have installed some games using Pexploit on my PS3. Some play fine but I have run into a problem. Some of them require an update to play. I want to know if there is a way that I can play the games that require an update without having to update my PS3.

I read that I can edit the PARAM.SFO file to make games run on lower firmware. Is editing the PARAM.SFO all I have to do? I think it said that as long as my PS3 is 4.40 or higher it may work. I am on OFW 4.46. The games that don't require an update have been playing fine.

It's been years since I was into PS3, and even when I was only during the early days were things as simple as editing PARAM.SFO files... in many cases other game files needed modding also (EBOOT's and SPRX's for example come to mind).

I think most on PS3 4.81 CFW use the latest MultiMAN to play backup games, and get updates using install_ps3tools_4.8.1.exe by @aldostools.

You mentioned you are on 4.46 OFW though, so you might want to look into some of the newer methods to run games on it without downgrading or using CFW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back