Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Naozomi       7      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naozomi

Contributor
First off, thank you for your time reading this and I only come here in search of answers after thoroughly searching through Google. ^_^'

I haven't updated my PS4 for a very long time thus it is at 2.57. I want to jailbreak it to have access to the emulators and learn more about the system due to my interests in electronics. I also have heard some terrifying stories of OFW bricking consoles when updating.

I would usually just study up on this and attempt it myself but I've run into a wall, according to this site *******************/device-information/ I have a Model: CUH-11xxA with an FCC/ID: AK8CUH100C1 / 409B-CUH100C1. This confuses me since they are two different entries.

Is it still safe? Are there alternate procedures or any information I need to take into consideration? Any information you can provide me on this would be so GREATLY appreciated. I have recently acquired some new PS4 games that won't run without an update and I do not want to use OFW if it might brick my system and won't let me jailbreak it.

Sorry and thank you again,

~Nao

There is currently only a public jailbreak for PS4 1.76 OFW, sites / forums / youtube videos etc saying otherwise are typically scammers and not to be trusted.

There are private PS4 jailbreak exploits through 4.05 (including Chaitin Tech's) but none have been released so if you are on 2.57 you're in the same boat as most here... waiting and hoping. ;)

Thank you for your fast and kind answers, I must admit I was worried trolls would latch right on to my post lol I agree that it would be a truly lovely christmas present XD

p.s. Don't suppose you might know how one may begin to involve themselves in such research? I find the concept terribly fascinating and would love to even have just the chance to help in any way possible (for this or any even slightly related project) <3 I'm a somewhat fast learner and hope to dedicate my life towards electronics and helping others. ^_^

Smart not to update and wait. But for the wait, who knows right? Anyway, we MAY see something after New Years during the CCC everyone hopes. Depends on what the Devs want Sony to see and not to see at this point.

Thank you for your fast and kind answers, I must admit I was worried trolls would latch right on to my post lol I agree that it would be a truly lovely christmas present XD

p.s. Don't suppose you might know how one may begin to involve themselves in such research? I find the concept terribly fascinating and would love to even have just the chance to help in any way possible (for this or any even slightly related project) <3 I'm a somewhat fast learner and hope to dedicate my life towards electronics and helping others. ^_^

We have 2.57 here as well. So you are not only one. :)

Yep I'm definitely not updating, despite my gf thinking it's useless right now lol, totally mooching off hers till then ^__^' So umm what is "CCC"?

Yep I'm definitely not updating, despite my gf thinking it's useless right now lol, totally mooching off hers till then ^__^' So umm what is "CCC"?
The 33rd Chaos Communication Congress (33C3) is an annual four-day conference on technology. The Congress offers lectures and workshops and various events on a multitude of topics including (but not limited to) information technology and generally a critical-creative attitude towards technology and the discussion about the effects of technological advances on society.

Last year a group of developers (fail0verflow) showed Linux running on the PS4 at CCC (32c3). People think they'll release some type of exploit at this years CCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back