Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter umbjolt       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.

umbjolt

Contributor
Hi everybody! First sorry for being a noob about PS3 scene. I'm only used to Nintendo's scene instead :p

My brother has bought a cech-2504b console and it is updated to 4.81 iirc. My question is: is there any noob-guide from original firmware to CFW with backup loading like in 3DS scene?

Really, sorry for my stupid question but I'm a bit confused rn :(

You will need to buy a downgrade hardware for the PS3 to downgrade to 3.55 then once your on 3.55 ofw you can jailbreak your PS3 to any off the cfw firmware, and play backups

Thanks for answering! I've reading and it's data code is 0C so if I've understood, it can be downgraded to 3.55.

About the downgrade hardware... how it's called? Price? How it works? Sorry again and thanks! :D

It's called E3 Flasher basically it's a ribbon then clips on to the nor chip and makes it easier for you to downgrade with out soldering anything :) and not sure about the prices as you can really get the actuall legit tool as they stopped producing them but you can buy cloned ones off eBay and stuff they will still work the same as the legit one

Btw and sorry for the bump, I've found there are some methods to install retail games in OFW with 4.81 (I still don't know what IDPS means)

Are those method fakes?

There are some older games that work with 4.81 OFW linked HERE which don't require a second console on CFW... beyond that, until a way to dump the IDPS on 4.81 consoles becomes public it's mostly 2010ish games that work.

Hi again!

This week I'm gonna install CFW on that console using the new public exploit (thanks devs :D) but I've a question. Will the ps3 going to be formatted? My brother doesn't want his saves to be deleted and neither his trophies :p

I would post questions about the new exploit in the dedicated ongoing thread for it HERE, since this older thread from August covers only the available options before the PS3Xploit was publicly available. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back