Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Announcements       Thread starter racer0018       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.

racer0018

Contributor
I was thinking of having a raffle for a ps3 slim on ofw 3.55 with power cord, controller.

There is a local family where i live that has a 3 year old that had been really sick and they found out that he had cancer. I was thinking about holding a raffle and all the money from it would go to this family. I know that the ps3 slim on ofw 3.55 isnt a lot money anymore but i was thinking of trying to help this family out. I could just sell the system on ebay but im trying to raise a little more money for them. Let me know how you all feel about this and post up and voice your mind here about it.

I would be asking like 5 dollars a ticket and then i would draw for the winning. The winner has to be from this site and this site only. I also will allow how ever many tickets as you want. If people dont like the idea we can leave it at that and i will sell it on ebay and then give them the money from it. thanks all and happy testing.

The idea is good and the intentions are even greater of course :)

If you decide to do it (here or elsewhere) I'll be happy to mainpage/FB/Tweet it for ya! :D

That said, as you know the unfortunate nature of the scene is pretty much 'take for free' and 'give few donations' (even to devs) so I'm not sure how much money this would raise despite it being a real worthy cause.

The other hurdle is this site is kinda new and although the community grows each day most aren't active users yet... for example, if you notice many articles posted here only get a few hundred views versus thousands or tens of thousands on well-established sites such as gbatemp, se7ensins, etc.

I wish we had the traffic (and sponsors, servers, etc) our old site did years ago as back then this raffle would probably have been a huge success... but as it is currently, you may be better off selling it on Ebay (which we could also promote the sale of here in the news for the cause ;))

See that's where I have to see how many people would be into it. They have insurance so that's not a problem but with each having a job and now having to take of the child full time and no day care the problem is cost. So even if it's just a couple hundred then that would help them with the day to day needs. Food, clothes and bills for the house.

I know how you feel, that is why I was hoping that instead of doing just a donate thing they would be allowed to buy a ticket and someone will win a ps3 slim with ofw 3.55 on it and ready for cfw. This way more would donate. I could just sell the ps3 on eBay and maybe cone up with 120 for them so anything over then that would help them a lot.

I guess I will see what other people think and then we can go from there. If people like the idea and would buy tickets, I will post some pictures of their family and what not. Thanks all and please post what you think.

Idea is good but I think you will make more on ebay , sold tickets might be scarce and raffle will go on any way, that is something to consider ;)

I went ahead and sold it on eBay for 150 and donated the money for that. I also have got a ps4 that I'm thinking about doing a raffle for. Happy testing all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back