Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 19, 2016 at 11:29 PM       21      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the release of Rebug CFW 4.80.1, PlayStation 3 developer Lightra1n has now made available a modified PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware version dubbed REBUG 4.80.1 LightRa1n Mod with details and a demo video below.

Download: Rebug_4.80.1_Ra1n_MOD.PS3UPDAT (208.5 MB)

MD5 Hash: 553F04B6013FD7E9B89BDE01E12F8277

To quote: Hello guys! I wanted to install Linux to PS3 and I was need to patch CFW for OOS++.

So I decided patch CFW REBUG for it and edit some resources also. And with Joonie help i created a first MOD of Rebug, it was 4.76.1 version first. Then it was 4.78.2.

And now it's 4.80.1 - The BEST CFW for me EVER ;)

Features:
  • BASED at REBUG 4.80.1 REX
  • CHANGED COLDBOOT
  • CHANGED COLDBOOT_AUDIO
  • ADDED GAMEBOOT -- REBUG --
  • PATCHED for OOS++ (22GB - need to restore system via Recovery)
  • EDITED WAVE for XMB
  • UPDATED WEBMAN MOD to 1.43.30
  • EDITED WM ICONS
  • EDITED AVATAR ICONS
  • VISUAL EDIT of TOOLBOX
  • REWRITED SYSTEM ICONS
  • ADDED CCAPI 2.70 Rev.4 (to PACKAGES)
  • ADDED 2 WAVES for Choice (to PACKAGES)
Tested at many consoles, CFW dowloaded 2860 times and all fine!

SPECIAL THX TO JOONIE FOR HELP IN CREATING THIS BUILD!!! ENJOY! http://vk.com/lrps3
REBUG 4.80.1 LightRa1n Mod.png

Comments

Edit so what i have to do to obtain my ps3 jailbroken?
Gotcha, if the jailbreakable PS3 you have isn't jailbroken yet that would explain the corrupt data error you received when trying to install this CFW ;)

If you figure out your PS3's model using THIS thread and post it here I can let you know what to do to jailbreak it (and then you'll be able to install Rebug 4.80.1 LightRa1n CFW :)

Gotcha, if the jailbreakable PS3 you have isn't jailbroken yet that would explain the corrupt data error you received when trying to install this CFW ;)

If you figure out your PS3's model using THIS thread and post it here I can let you know what to do to jailbreak it (and then you'll be able to install Rebug 4.80.1 LightRa1n CFW :)
Model CECH-2004B
OFW installed = 4.80
edit: ty for the assist :D

Model CECH-2004B
OFW installed = 4.80
edit: ty for the assist :D
Ok so your PS3 Slim is a NOR Flash, and yes you can downgrade it with a flasher such as the E3. If you don't have a hardware flasher you can either get one or have someone here such as racer0018 downgrade it for you. :cool:

I didn't find app/game in xmb menu
If you went from Rebug 4.80.1 (official) to this modded Rebug 4.80.1 CFW something may have changed in category_game.xml perhaps.

You can check the 'sort' functionality to see if the apps/games appear in the XMB then, or could try reinstalling the CFW from the Recovery Menu to fix it.

Well, looks like a really nice MFW to try out. I've never tried out a MFW of any type. Might give this one a try since it has Joonie's name stamped on it! :)

Ok so your PS3 Slim is a NOR Flash, and yes you can downgrade it with a flasher such as the E3. If you don't have a hardware flasher you can either get one or have someone here such as racer0018 downgrade it for you. :cool:

If you went from Rebug 4.80.1 (official) to this modded Rebug 4.80.1 CFW something may have changed in category_game.xml perhaps.

You can check the 'sort' functionality to see if the apps/games appear in the XMB then, or could try reinstalling the CFW from the Recovery Menu to fix it.
Ty a lot Bro ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back