Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter yota1979       3      
Status
Not open for further replies.

yota1979

Contributor
Verified
Hi Everyone,

I need a help to complete the installation of Linux on the internal HDD of the PS3.

My Model of Ps3 is FAT CECHJ with NOR flash.

Becouse the original Firmware of Rebug 4.81.2 not create che HDD region on the HDD, i modify the CFW with PS3MFW 0.21 builder mod and only touch this parameters :

SELECT YOUR MFW BASE -> insert the value 4.xx
OtherOS HDD region of -> insert the value of 40GB

After this is build the firmware and install.

Now from the XMB I can see that the space of the hdd is reduced of 40GB (with the previous firmware I see all space is from XMB without reduce.

1) Now i Install Rebug ToolBox 2.02.15
2) Reduce the flash V5 and reboot
3) Install Petiboot

This 3 steps is ok, when I want to boot on petiboot from XMB i use toolbox and boot OtherOS.

When I try to install linux on the internal HDD, Linux see all ps3 disk , and If I install Linux after the reboot the PS3 ask to reinstall the firmware :(

I try to use from petiboot a script that I've found :

create_hdd_region.sh

The script tell's it's ok , after I reboot the console , try to install linux but i don't see the 40GB of partition, linux use always ALL the space.

Now.... How I can create the hdd region on the 40GB previously created?

Thank you all for the support!!

I don't know where to put this so I'm going to put it here, I have CFW rebug 4.81.2 and I have multiman on it and everytime I try to copy my Wii U or UK version of GTA V onto a USB or the hard drive itself it fails on part 3 of the RPF files and I don't know what's going on and the disk works fine on my console

Yota1979, did you ever figure it out, perhaps instead of internal go with external hard drive and mirror since Linux uses all the space?

Hi I dont know if this is the right place to ask this. Im new. I need to run otheros++ in my CECH. I've already have latest cobra CFW, also installed petitboot and resized the gameOS partition. But when I try to run otheros with some or all LV1 patches It throwns me back to XMB.

Question. Does anyone know how to solve this? I want it to make a grid computer with 3 ps3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back