Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those interested in learning how to remove (zerofill) watermarks from retail / debug / dev / test PS4 PUP files can check out the Removing or Zerofilling Watermarks from PS4 PUPs video tutorial that PlayStation 4 Scene developer @zecoxao shared today via Twitter from his (C)ontrol e(X)ecute YouTube Channel. :geek:

Before jumping in, here are some related articles sorted by date with the oldest first:
Removing or Zerofilling Watermarks from PS4 PUPs

Download: dewatermark_ps4.c (1.71 KB)

How to remove (zerofill) watermarks from any PUP, retail, dev, or test PS4.

Requirements:
  • Bls unpacking tool (or pup unpacking tool) from skfu or my repo
  • HxD or any other Hexeditor
  • Calculator
Credits to Anonymous for the findings.

I am releasing my dewatermark tool for ps4 pups from devkit or testkit. usage is as follows:
Code:
./dewatermark_ps4 <pup with wm> <wmless pup>
you can use this to remove all 4 watermark signatures and data from the 4 inner pups. however doing so will make flashing the pup useless unless orbis_swu gets patched into updating these pups
Removing or Zerofilling Watermarks from PS4 PUPs Guide via Zecoxao.png

Comments

So it is able to unpack PS4 retail PUP(s) does this mean that it has the key (samu ?), as then only this is possible.

What does removing watermark do ?

One reason for removing watermarks would be if an insider wanted to leak a DevKit / TestKit file like a .PUP to scene devs, but didn't want to risk losing their job if it was traced back to their developer studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back