Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terence Chauvet

Contributor
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have backed up all of my save data from my old FAT PS3 last year. I later exchanged the old PS3 to a new PS3 super slim thru Sony Service and Repair and I can't restore all of my game saves from the old PS3 to the new one because of the copy protection.

Is there some way I can restore or extract any data from a backup (archive2.dat) so I can get all of my saves into this new PS3 with OFW 4.81?

Please Help!!!

Thanks!!!

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have backed up all of my save data from my old FAT PS3 last year. I later exchanged the old PS3 to a new PS3 super slim thru Sony Service and Repair and I can't restore all of my game saves from the old PS3 to the new one because of the copy protection.

Is there some way I can restore or extract any data from a backup (archive2.dat) so I can get all of my saves into this new PS3 with OFW 4.81?

Please Help!!!

Thanks!!!

No and yes , short version is NO extremely long is yes , but will try to make as compact as possible ;)

first you can recover if it has been sync with psn and accounts are same on old and new console

second if you unpack archive and recover game saves you can edit them remove non movable attribute and recover game save , but frankly saying faster would be to get another console with cfw ;)

No and yes , short version is NO extremely long is yes , but will try to make as compact as possible ;)

first you can recover if it has been sync with psn and accounts are same on old and new console

second if you unpack archive and recover game saves you can edit them remove non movable attribute and recover game save , but frankly saying faster would be to get another console with cfw ;)

Do you know any good software that can let me unpack archive2.dat file and remove the copy protection without jailbreaking the PS3 and risking banishment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back