Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter Minds       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minds

Contributor
I have PS3 Slim 2500A (that show on casing) 120 GB and fw is Rebug Rex Edition 4.8.1.2 CFW

I am try "Restore Ps3 System" from xmb. everything is gone, no package manager, no app_home/ps3_games, and from system information, in system software show me that version 4.81

my question is , my ps3 become OFW 4.81 ?

If I'm following correctly, you installed the Rebug CFW from that page and now it shows 4.81 on the information screen as if it's been updated to OFW? :unsure:

Other curiosities: What Firmware was on the PS3 previously, and did you get the PS3 second-hand/used or have you been the only one installing Firmware on it?

If I'm following correctly, you installed the Rebug CFW from that page and now it shows 4.81 on the information screen as if it's been updated to OFW? :unsure:

Other curiosities: What Firmware was on the PS3 previously, and did you get the PS3 second-hand/used or have you been the only one installing Firmware on it?
I get second hand yes, i'm successfull install rebug 4.8.1.2 from that web yes, no problem at all, use for 3 month. But i want to wipe data and try restore ps3 system menu from xmb. it's look OFW now. but i'm not sure.

Ok, so you had Rebug CFW on it fine for months and now you want to install normal PS3 4.81 Firmware (permanently remove Custom Firmware) ?

I just want to be certain before we move forward is all. ;)

Ok, so you had Rebug CFW on it fine for months and now you want to install normal PS3 4.81 Firmware (permanently remove Custom Firmware) ?

I just want to be certain before we move forward is all. ;)
i just need to know what happen if i do "restore ps3 system"
some people say it couldn't make your ps3 become OFW.
But i think now my ps3 become ofw.
and i think need hardware flasher to back to CFW right ?

That alone won't remove Rebug CFW if you had it on there before, according to Sony's Site this is what it will do:

Restore PS3 System

Delete all system storage content and restore the system software to its default settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform this operation.

You can also format the HDD using Sony's built-in PS3 Format Utility to wipe all the data on the hard drive.

Just remember if it asks (and you want to keep CFW on the PS3) to put Rebug CFW on... unless something else was done causing you to lose your CFW (such as someone updating it with 4.81 OFW intentionally or a mislabeled 4.81 CFW which was really OFW- compare the MD5 hashes to know for certain).

That alone won't remove Rebug CFW if you had it on there before, according to Sony's Site this is what it will do:

Restore PS3 System

Delete all system storage content and restore the system software to its default settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform this operation.

You can also format the HDD using Sony's built-in PS3 Format Utility to wipe all the data on the hard drive.

Just remember if it asks (and you want to keep CFW on the PS3) to put Rebug CFW on... unless something else was done causing you to lose your CFW (such as someone updating it with 4.81 OFW intentionally or a mislabeled 4.81 CFW which was really OFW- compare the MD5 hashes to know for certain).
that's what i do, just "restore ps3 system" and my rebug cfw 4.81 gone at the version 4.81 OFW now (i think), because i try to update using the same rebug cfw has done before is give error 8002F957 and always stuck at 72% while copying, update via safe mode error too.

Have you tried temporarily swapping out the HDD with another to see if it goes to 100% or the same 72% error?

If the Rebug CFW was fine all along and you only chose "Restore PS3 System" it shouldn't have any effect on removing or replacing the CFW.

Assuming (for whatever reason) you did lose the CFW and the PS3 is on 4.81 OFW now then according to the PS3 Models chart you are correct in your post HERE that you'll need a hardware flasher to downgrade it and then reinstall PS3 CFW on... or have someone who offers a downgrading service to do it for you.

Correct, definitely something to try before going the flasher route based on what was done thus far with the console.

Good luck and post back when you give it a try. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back