Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PC Gaming       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 4, 2022 at 7:13 PM       16      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the Console Scene boom, many (myself included with @CyB1K and @softstar) sat in front of our IBM's (back then I had a 386SX) after a weekly trip to Babbages, Electronics Boutique (aka EB Games) or Software Etc in the mall to snag the latest point-and-click adventure games... among my personal favorites are Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure, Leisure Suit Larry, King's Quest and of course the Monkey Island series! 🐒 :love:

Those who remember Cassingles may also recall LucasArts Entertainment early copy-protection in the form of cardboard Interactive Code Wheels included in each game box used to verify your copy was genuine before joining in Guybrush Threepwood's latest adventure. 🏴‍☠️

Fast-forward 30+ years (has it really been that long, it feels just like yesterday :giggle:), and Lucasfilm Games just announced via this thing called 'social media' on the Internet a new game by Ron Gilbert dubbed Return to Monkey Island arriving later this year for grog lovers all over in 2022! :beer: <3

While details on Return to Monkey Island are sparse at the moment with no word on a PlayStation 4 version like the Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry reboot, according to Wikipedia to quote:

Return to Monkey Island is the sixth installment overall, a joint collaboration between Gilbert's Terrible Toybox studio and Disney-owned Lucasfilm Games, and published by Devolver Digital.

The game will continue the story from the ending of LeChuck's Revenge, while bringing on some elements from subsequent games such as Murray the Demonic Talking Skull.

In addition to Gilbert, Grossman returns as co-writer, with music from Land, McConnell, and Bajakian, and Armato returning to voice Guybrush. Announced in April 2022, it is set for a release later the same year.
Return to Monkey Island | Coming 2022

Announcing Return to Monkey Island, the long-awaited follow-up to the legendary Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge by Ron Gilbert's Terrible Toybox in collaboration with Devolver Digital and Lucasfilm Games, coming 2022.

Return to Monkey Island Point-And-Click Adventure Game Coming in 2022.jpg

Comments

@CyB1K So true Mate! I must admit... That too was my All time favourite. ;)

There are a certain few games in this genre and them 2 are Top of my list. I must admit... Graphic Adventure games are 100% my passion , point and click adventures are just amazing games... I hope there is an influx of these older games.. Revamped.

Best Regards,

I dont need them revamped tbh, in fact i enjoy the classic monkey island more than the hd one.

There was a time that point and click aventures genre started to die but then around 2015ish or 2016 they started resurfacing again.

There is this upcoming game called PRIM, the dev of it follows me on twitter and i promised to kickstart his game so i did. Hes so passionate about it and the demo was incredibly fun! Check it out!

This is great news.. I was only playing The secret of monkey island, plus Le chucks revenge on my Amiga - I dug out of DEEP DEEP storage a week back. They were the days when 16 bit GFX - took me on adventures all over the world and beyond !!

A point and click game let you be part of any world the game maker put you in.. I really have many amazing memories of games of that time - I installed scumm on my (galaxy note 10, which is great with pen for point and click) I've been playing Future Wars, Loom, indy jones to name a few.

And now Ron's going to do what he said he wouldn't again - God Bless You Ron !! You do right Ron ron, you do right Ron.. ;)

@CoxyPS4 I am rubber, you are glue!

At this point i turned this thread into a retromeme hahaha

Quite interesting, i didnt think about using the pen on my note 20 ultra for point and clicks, even tho i dont really play games out of home as the nearly only times i do that is to work lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back