Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter koyi       Start date May 27, 2017 at 2:43 PM       8      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys!

If you have the same perversion as me you might like to play NES games from time to time. If you have a PS3 with CFW this is not an issue. But if you are stuck on OFW and you have a PS3 superslim you can still get a NES emulator to work.

For this method you will need:
  • A PS3 superslim with its disc sensors blocked
  • An original PS1 game
  • An empty CD-R
  • A CD burning software of your choice (I recommend IMGBurn as its free)
  • Some NES roms of your choice
  • And lastly the emulator package imbnes-1.3.4-winbin.zip
So first of all download the software needed for this little project. Then extract it to a folder where you will find it.

After extracting the emulator open "rombank.exe". After that in the upper left corner click the button that's showing a chip with a folder behind it to add a folder of NES roms to your backup.

Make sure all the roms are in a main folder not in subfolders. After you added the roms you wanted go to the "ROM Filters" and click the two buttons on the right to remove unsupported roms.

If you have done all this click the button under the text that says "Build IMBNES ISO". It will ask if you to choose the license for the disc. This should be identical to your original PS1 game's. (I'm not sure if the PS3 has region locking for PS1 games so its better to stay safe.)

If you are done with all this all you have to do is click the Build ISO button. It will take 2-3 minutes to build the iso. After that you burn this iso to an empty disc like you would do with a PS1 backup.

If your disc is finished and your sensors are blocked start your PS1 with your original disc in the PS3, then after the PS logo you switch the disc with the one you just burnt. In the menu choose your game and start it by pressing start. If you want to change the game you're playing press the PS button on your controller and choose restart game.

Update: It turns out that you can actually go back to the menu without having to reboot the game you just have to press L1+R1+start+select.

:stop: PLEASE BE WARNED THAT PROLONGED USE OF THIS TECHNIQUE CAN AND PROBABLY WILL DAMAGE YOUR SPINDLE MOTOR AND LASER :stop:

This is probably not the best way to play NES games on your PS3 but at least its a working method.
NES Games on PS3 SuperSlim OFW Using Disc Swap Trick Guide.jpg

Comments

Well, first of all thanks. :) Second i was hesitating about where should i post this because the description says "Talk about PlayStation 3 CFW / MFW, exploits, hacks, homebrew and mods.".

It's pretty much homebrew but after i looked at other posts here it looks nothing like them. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back