Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding his FontFaceSet Vulnerability PoC, PS4 9.00 Userland / WebKit Entry Point and the 9.00 PS4 Jailbreak POOBS4 Exploit yesterday PS4 Scene developer @sleirsgoevy (Github) shared on Twitter some serve_img.sh / unserve_img.sh scripts to enable mass storage emulation on rooted Android Samsung phones to emulate plugging / unplugging the device for those seeking to avoid using a physical USB drive. 📲

Inserting / removing the fake drive at the right time has been tested successfully on a Samsung A6 and Samsung J3 Pro among other rooted Android mobile devices that are able to emulate USB drives in the Tweets below, and he also notes you can try using DriveDroid or USB Mountr apps as well.

Below are some more Droid-related articles sorted by date with the oldest first for those interested, and from gist.github.com:
Script for enabling mass storage emulation on rooted Samsung phones:

[B]serve_img.sh[/B]:
Code:
A=/sys/class/android_usb/android0

set -x
killall -STOP adbd
sleep 1
echo 0 > $A/enable
echo mass_storage > $A/functions
echo disk > $A/f_mass_storage/luns
echo 1 > $A/enable
sleep 1
echo 0 > $A/enable
echo "$1" > $A/f_mass_storage/lun0/file
echo 1 > $A/enable
[B]unserve_img.sh[/B]:
Code:
A=/sys/class/android_usb/android0

set -x
echo 0 > $A/enable
echo mtp,acm,ffs > $A/functions
echo 1 > $A/enable
killall -CONT adbd
Script for Rooted Android Samsung Devices by Sleirsgoevy to Avoid a USB Drive.jpg

Comments

Isn't this just the same as using a usb drive, but your plugging in a phone instead?

Prob handy for some people but as i have to plug in my hdd's in the correct order after running the JB so no biggie for me to just continue with my usb stick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back