Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Announcements       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 5, 2016 at 9:04 PM       16      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in July we enabled Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption here on PSXHAX.COM, and while most modern OS's and browsers play nice with it a few older ones still produce handshake failure errors rendering the site inaccessible on those devices.

One such case was reported by @abzii running Windows XP with Chrome 49.0.2623.112 on his desktop PC, who stated he already has SP3 installed which is supposed to allow access to sites with SSLv3 disabled by the browser due to the POODLE Attack.

If anyone is knowledgeable with HTTPS / SSL protocol here, let this test run: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=www.psxhax.com&hideResults=on

Click on the results, and you'll see a few issues such as:
Code:
Android 2.3.7   No SNI 2		Server sent fatal alert: internal_error
IE 6 / XP   No FS 1      No SNI 2        Server sent fatal alert: handshake_failure
IE 8 / XP   No FS 1      No SNI 2        Server sent fatal alert: internal_error
Java 6u45   No SNI 2		Server sent fatal alert: internal_error
OpenSSL 0.9.8y 	Server sent fatal alert: handshake_failure
Comparing our cert to (for example) Xenforo's I notice the following difference only:
Rich (BB code):
Xenforo: TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, 128 bit keys, TLS 1.2
PSXHAX: TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, 128 bit keys, TLS 1.2
According to @abzii he can access Xenforo's site fine via PC, but has to access PSXHAX.COM from his mobile device.

Needless to say we'd like to get the SSL / HTTPS issue fixed for all browsers if possible... feel free to share any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, etc below or via the Contact Us page and we'll be happy to send a PayPal donation to whoever can sort it out for us. ;)
LOLCat HTTPS.jpg

Comments

VultraAID is not correct. The server supports HTTP/2.0 but that doesn't mean that it is enforced, it will still answer HTTP/1.0 responses. The certificate isn't tied to the level of HTTP support.
Hey @Agret, we're still trying to sort this out... short of @abzii upgrading his Windows XP (since it works on Xenforo's HTTPS site as it is) do you have any other ideas I could try on our server side?

I wish I knew more about this and had a WinXP test machine of my own, but I'd be more than happy to PayPal a donation if someone can help us fix the issue once and for all. :)

Update: Apparently a fix is now posted here: How to Access PSXHAX on Windows XP: Unsupported Protocol Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back