Category PC Gaming       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 10, 2020 at 9:18 PM       2,232       11            
The legendary @jwooh let us know that following the Genesis Mini, TG-16 / PC Engine Mini and Capcom Home Arcade developer Sega recently announced their Astro City Mini Arcade featuring HDMI out to hook to a TV with support for external controllers (sold separately) and 36 classic games included. šŸ˜

According to an interview with Game Watch Impress Japan its made out of the same material as the actual cabinet and will cost about 12,800 yen ($119 USD) with a release date set for December 2020 and Pre-orders now available.

Below is a list of confirmed titles coming to the Sega Astro City Mini Arcade thus far via SegaBits.com:
  • Alien Syndrome
  • Alien Storm
  • Golden Axe
  • Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder
  • Columns II
  • Dark Edge
  • Puzzle & Action: Tant-R
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Fantasy Zone
  • Altered Beast
I'd have LOVED one of these years ago growing up <3... these days I'll settle for an inexpensive emulation-based knockoff such as the RetroEngine Sigma, Game Box Hero or better yet the FREE and popular multi-platform emulator RetroArch that runs on everything from smartphones and tablets to desktop PCs. :tup:

Sega Announces Astro City Mini Arcade with HDMI Out and Classic Games.jpg

Comments

jwooh

Staff Member
Developer
Verified
I would love to add this to my Mini collection. Play Asia also is doing pre-orders Astro Mini and the Controller. I think the Controller is a bit high it does look cool thou. I run across anyplace else doing pre-orders I will post here.

jwooh

Staff Member
Developer
Verified
I doubt sega will ever make another console to compete against Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. I liked the Dreamcast 4 wheel thunder was a great racing game. I would like to see a Dreamcast mini.

ski9k

Contributor
Verified
Cant even tell you how excited I am that GA2 is on here... I believe this is the first ever official release of this game outside of the arcades???

Recent Articles
PS5 DualSense Wireless Controller to Have Updatable Software
When you thought updating PlayStation 5's Firmware just to play a video game is enough hassle, Sony kicked things up a notch with confirmation on the DualSense Wireless Controller official page...
Latest PS4 Games Joining PlayStation Now in August 2020
Today Sony revealed the latest PS4 additions to their PlayStation Now digital video game streaming service this August for PS Now members will be Hitman 2, Greedfall and Dead Cells. šŸ˜€ Here's more...
Sony Reveals PS5 Details on Compatible PS4 Peripherals and Accessories
In PS5 News today, Sony revealed details on compatible PS4 peripherals and accessories with their upcoming PlayStation 5 console launch that is just months away now. After unveiling the PS5...
PS4 IPv6 UAF 6.70-6.72 Kernel Exploit with Patches, Maybe More Stable!
Since his PS4 Save Mounter Utility release, the PS4 6.20 ROP Execution Method, PS4 Webkit Bad_Hoist Exploit, 7.02 PS4 KEX, PS4 Webkit Exploit 6.72 Port, PS4 6.72 Jailbreak Exploit, Backporting PS4...