Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PC Gaming       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 10, 2020 at 9:18 PM       12      
Status
Not open for further replies.
The legendary @jwooh let us know that following the Genesis Mini, TG-16 / PC Engine Mini and Capcom Home Arcade developer Sega recently announced their Astro City Mini Arcade featuring HDMI out to hook to a TV with support for external controllers (sold separately) and 36 classic games included. šŸ˜

According to an interview with Game Watch Impress Japan its made out of the same material as the actual cabinet and will cost about 12,800 yen ($119 USD) with a release date set for December 2020 and Pre-orders now available.

Below is a list of confirmed titles coming to the Sega Astro City Mini Arcade thus far via SegaBits.com:
  • Alien Syndrome
  • Alien Storm
  • Golden Axe
  • Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder
  • Columns II
  • Dark Edge
  • Puzzle & Action: Tant-R
  • Virtua Fighter
  • Fantasy Zone
  • Altered Beast
I'd have LOVED one of these years ago growing up <3... these days I'll settle for an inexpensive emulation-based knockoff such as the RetroEngine Sigma, Game Box Hero or better yet the FREE and popular multi-platform emulator RetroArch that runs on everything from smartphones and tablets to desktop PCs. :tup:

Sega Announces Astro City Mini Arcade with HDMI Out and Classic Games.jpg

Comments

I would love to add this to my Mini collection. Play Asia also is doing pre-orders Astro Mini and the Controller. I think the Controller is a bit high it does look cool thou. I run across anyplace else doing pre-orders I will post here.

I doubt sega will ever make another console to compete against Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. I liked the Dreamcast 4 wheel thunder was a great racing game. I would like to see a Dreamcast mini.

Cant even tell you how excited I am that GA2 is on here... I believe this is the first ever official release of this game outside of the arcades???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back