Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Announcements       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 6, 2020 at 1:40 AM       13      
Status
Not open for further replies.
In line with the Genesis Mini and TurboGrafx-16 Mini, to celebrate their 60th anniversary Sega recently announced plans to launch a Game Gear Micro handheld console scheduled for release on October 6th in Japan. 🕹 🇯🇵

According to their official site, it will come in black, blue, red and yellow variations each with 4 games for around $45 USD with a four-color set including a Big Window Micro accessory to enlarge the screen for around $273 USD.

With multi-platform emulation units available such as Game Box Hero and the ever-increasing popularity of smartphone gaming via emulators including RetroArch it will be surprising if the Sega Game Gear Micro handheld console ever makes it stateside. :unsure:

Check out the Game Gear Micro demonstration video below alongside the games included with each version from the Gematsu.com listing:

Black:
  • Out Run
  • Puyo Puyo Tsu
  • Royal Stone
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
Blue:
  • Baku Baku Animal: Sekai Shiikugakari Senshuken
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Sonic & Tails
  • Sylvan Tale
Yellow:
  • Nazo Puyo: Arle no Roux
  • Shining Force
  • Shining Force II
  • Shining Force: Final Conflict
Red:
  • Columns
  • The G.G. Shinobi
  • Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible
  • Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special
Game Gear Micro Promotion Video
Sega's Game Gear Micro Arrives October 6th in Japan, Demo Video.jpg

Comments

This was a big mistake from SEGA. They had people super hyped and someone at the top decided THIS was the best direction for them. Aren't a lot of the SEGA games on the Android Play store? Wouldn't it just be better to use your phone, psp, switch or vita? Why the Key chain size and not something bigger and able to actually play and enjoy?

I'm a huge SEGA fan and this is a tremendous let down and I for one will not be buying one. I'll wait till it's in a bargin bin at a big box store for under 20$ and even then... maybe not...

Maybe they were not targeting advanced gamers like us, it might be for kids who are hoping to have there first game but the price is not promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back