Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 22, 2018 at 4:28 AM       13,237       11            
Following the PS4 Syscon Decapping, PS4 Aux Hax research and his recent PS4 HEN version 1.8 Live Demo (GIT - added to PS4 Exploit Host v0.4.6 Alpha1), today PlayStation 4 developer @zecoxao shared via Twitter his latest Github commit dubbed Siscon which is a PS4 Syscon System Controller firmware decrypter allowing further comparison and examination by scene devs. :ninja:

Download: siscon-master.zip / GIT

As mentioned in the Tweets embedded below, he reminds those planning to use it "decrypts syscon fw updates from PS4 devkit consoles (you need to provide the keys yourself, but they're not hard to find)"

PS4 HEN 1.8 via mohammadfadel
Siscon PS4 Syscon System Controller Firmware Decrypter by Zecoxao.jpg

Comments

BwE

Developer
Contributor
I'll just grab my spare dev kit ps4...

Anyone care to share a decrypted dump? Would be nice to see.

skinnybiggs

Contributor
Stay on 1.7 for now this isnt for casual users but for the devs

I read that if were able to obtain the app to create master discs we can strip games built on newer firmwares and repackage as 4.55 5.03 and 5.05... is this true does it seem possible..?

svn nightjar

Contributor
Somehow the anime girl distracts me LOL It's nice to have something different for a change, rather than the usual boring pics of PS4 and its peripherals.

And good job zecoxao, hopefully this can push the scene forward however little.

Recent Articles
Dishonored: Definitive Edition 60 FPS Mod PS4 PKG by Wastelander121
Following their Batman: Arkham Knight Free Roam Mod Menu port, today @Wastelander121 (YouTube Channel) released on Twitter a Dishonored: Definitive Edition 60 FPS Mod PS4 PKG (CUSA-02230) for...
PS4 System Software / Firmware 6.72 Released, Don't Update!
Just over a month ago Sony released a PS4 OFW 6.71 Update followed by a few 6.80 Beta Updates for those in their PlayStation Preview Program, and today another PS4 System Software / Firmware 6.72...
PCSX-R Emulator PS4 Port Crash Bandicoot & Resident Evil PSOne Demos
Since the mGBA Emulator PS4 port and Yabause Sega Saturn Emulator PS4 port, PlayStation 4 homebrew developer Znullptr worked on a PCSXR (CodePlex Archive) PS4 port of the PlayStation emulator...
PS4 Puzzle Platformer Etherborn Shifts Onto PlayStation 4 Next Week
Last month we saw a MGS HD Remake made in Dreams on PlayStation 4, and in similar fashion comes an elegant leap in the gravity-puzzle genre... environmental puzzle platformer known as Etherborn...