Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PC Gaming       Thread starter Foe       Start date Mar 3, 2017 at 8:43 PM       14      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well, well a childhood game is coming back to life with the Skyblivion remaster of Oblivion in Skyrim's Creation Kit. :love:

Now if you don't know what's so cool about this is that Oblivion was made in 2006 and Skyrim was made in 2011 BUT both are made on the same game engine which is the Creation Kit. But Oblivion was made on a older version of it. So which means outdated combat and the game itself consumes a lot of power from your PC.

Now since they are remaking the whole game in Skyrim's engine this means better combat and features that were not in Oblivion BUT staying true to Oblivion like adding game features that were not in Skyrim. Also Skyblivion is being retextured in 4k graphics! They're in pre alpha right now and are showing off what they are doing and there progress. Which here are some in game screenshots.
Remaster of Oblivion in Skyrim's Creation Kit 1.jpg

Remaster of Oblivion in Skyrim's Creation Kit 2.jpg

Remaster of Oblivion in Skyrim's Creation Kit 3.jpg

Remaster of Oblivion in Skyrim's Creation Kit 4.png

Remaster of Oblivion in Skyrim's Creation Kit 5.png

Remaster of Oblivion in Skyrim's Creation Kit 6.jpg

Remaster of Oblivion in Skyrim's Creation Kit 7.jpg

Remaster of Oblivion in Skyrim's Creation Kit 8.jpg

This is Pre Alpha Screenshots anything can change

Now if you're a fanboy of The Elder Scrolls or even more like me the biggest fanboy of Oblivion and still play the OG game today you will be wondering how the heck can i get my hands on this? Well there's 3 thing:

1. You can't get it yet. They are planing of releasing it in 2018 which is a while.. But if they get more help like people who can do 3d modeling and landscaping and 3d animation things like that the project would go alot faster.

2. You'll need a GOTY edition of Oblivion. You'll need this so the game can grab stuff from Oblivion ect. (IDK the whole thing about it but there website can tell you) Also for legal reasons they made it like this so you don't get a version of oblivion for free.

3. You'll also need Skyrim and all the DLC. Now the reason for this is(and i think) They're using Skyrim's version of the Creation Kit so you'll need the version they worked on also for legal reasons as well.

Now you might be wondering why the hell would you post this here? Well they need help as in people who are good with 3d stuff (I'm ok with it not good enough though :'()

So if you are good enough or think you are or even just want to try just go here > https://skyblivion.com < There you can apply for a developer spot (they don't get paid this is all a hobby) Also if you know anyone who is good at these things and might want to help tell them about it.

Now here is some Pre Alpha gameplay (anything could change and not everything is done.)

"Well that all i got to say about that" ~Forest Gump

Now i'll leave you with some Concept Art the dev team drew up (which is amazing)
Remaster of Oblivion in Skyrim's Creation Kit 9.jpg

Remaster of Oblivion in Skyrim's Creation Kit 10.jpg

Remaster of Oblivion in Skyrim's Creation Kit 11.jpg

Now this is a PC only game but in my opinion this is what Oblivion should have looked like and deserves to look like.
Remaster of Oblivion in Skyrim's Creation Kit.jpg

Comments

This is pretty damn nice. i wonder if they are also improving the gameplay a bit (like removing the "enemies scale with you" requirement. that was quite annoying)

hope that this game will not be a re-release again like skyrim multiple release. hope that they can just make an update for ps4 pro owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back