Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 Help       Thread starter gaugeisgod       1      
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaugeisgod

Contributor
You never know what type of solution somebody can come up with, so I thought I'd share my situation even though it doesn't look good.

So my situation is I bought Skyrim: Anniversary Edition disc copy and can't access PSN. Even if I could access it the internet is terrible because I'm using an Xfinity wifi hotspot. I installed and updated the PS4 version of the game and redeemed the code inside on my account for the extra content but there's no way for me to claim the PS5 upgrade or download the new content.

My idea was to find someone else with a PS5 and sign in with my account, claim the PS5 upgrade on the game hub, and then just sign in back on my system and download it to internal SSD.

Do you think doing this would create the PS5 version tab on my account even without downloading on the other system or should I disconnect and hookup my external USB storage, actually download the full PS5 game and bonus content, and then try hooking it back up to my system and seeing if it works?

I saw someone else who did this with another game. Thought I'd add you can access the PS Store on the web browser on the PS5 but it still doesn't send downloads for anything I've tried like the Matrix demo.

Solution
Just an update to this, I gave it everything I had in terms of ideas and I’m currently downloading the game on 4.03 without using a second console. I’m not positive yet since it’s nowhere near done but I clicked the game icon created and it looks like they firmware blocked the ps5 version, damn it!
Just an update to this, I gave it everything I had in terms of ideas and I’m currently downloading the game on 4.03 without using a second console. I’m not positive yet since it’s nowhere near done but I clicked the game icon created and it looks like they firmware blocked the ps5 version, damn it!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back