Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 3, 2022 at 2:43 PM       19      
Status
Not open for further replies.
While many in the PlayStation 4 Scene currently using RetroArch PS4 Native Emulator Unofficial Port PKG updates are eagerly awaiting an official port of the PS4 RetroArch multi-platform emulator that LibRetro on Twitter stated last fall would be coming soon, following the recent SNESticle Source Code release by iaddis on Github (SNESticle Fork via tmaul) alongside a PlayStation 2 port by Hugostoso comes an SNESticle SNES Emulator for PS2 Converted to PS4 PKG from both TheheroGAC and TheWizWiki (includes small ROM Pack) for use on 9.00 PS4 Jailbroken consoles with the latest GoldHEN v2.1 homebrew enabler. 🕹️

Download: UP9000-SLUS99999_00-SLUS999990000001-A0100-V0100.pkg (26.5 MB) / SNESTicles.pkg (182 MB - includes small ROM Pack)

According to Hugostoso who recently made an SNESticle SNES emulator for PS2 port available, to quote:

This is a Super Nintendo emulator for PS2. Can run many games at full 60fps. Is much faster than SNES Station. However compatibility with games that uses aditional chips like DSP-1 and SA1 chips is buggy and very limited. Mode-7 is implemented but not 100% finished. Don't expect full compatibility.

Brief history of SNESticle:

SNESticle appeared for the first time on 2005 EA's Fight Night Round 2. Exclusive to the Gamecube version included a emulated version of the SNES Super Punch-Out!! game, and within the game's code is a reference to the term "SNESticle".

The name "SNESticle" is no coincidence – Icer Addis aka "Sardu"is probably best known as the author of the NESticle emulator, a relatively early and wildly popular NES emulator. "Sardu" later went on to work on several EA Sports titles, including this one.

A reverse engineering project was on the way to get the emulator out from the game but in 2022 Sardu seeing the community work to reverse the emulator he himself released the SNESticle's source code including some PS2 binaries with MIT license.

Download SNESticle on Github Repository:
You can also download a ISO project below I made using the files on Github. This ISO can be played using OPL. This is just an ISO with no roms. You must find your own roms.

Those who want to create their own ISO. Go to the github page download SNESticle extract the zipped file then go to SNESticle\ Project\ ps2 here you find all files you need to make a ISO.

SNESticle Navigation controls:
  • Press X to confirm
  • Press â›› to go back
  • Press R2 and L2 during gameplay to bring the emulator navigation menu and also to make Sram saves to your memory card. There is no savestate support. It does support zipped roms.
Some games known to run at full speed:
  • Super Mario World
  • F-Zero
  • Contra 3 - Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong County
  • Super Ghouls and Ghosts
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Pilot Wings
Download: SNESticlePS2.zip (245.65 KB - includes SLUS_999.99.SNESticle.iso for PlayStation 2 consoles)

:arrow: Below are some related PS2 / Nintendo Emulation on PS4 and PS2 to PS4 PKG Conversion articles, sorted by date with the oldest first:
Spoiler: Related Tweets
SNESticle SNES Emulator for PS2 Converted to PS4 PKG on 9.00.png

Comments

Can you use savestate? from what I read, need to press L2 +R2 but nothing happens

Edit: learned here in luck ok hold the L2+R2 and press X to save, to load hold L2+R2 and press O

HI i am a little confused on this is it a snes emulator for the ps4 to play snes games or is it a ps2 emulator for the ps4 to play ps2 games, cos if it is a snes emulator for the ps4 why would it have a ps2 logo on the app.

cos i know that you have to turn your ps2 games into fake pkg games to play on a ps4 which i dont like that way i am waiting for the real retroarch to come out for the ps4 cos you just load the games of your external hard drive no need to turn any game into a fake pkg file.

or a fully working backup manager for the ps4 that just boots up games off external hard drive. without turning them into fake pkg files doing that way it is just more work to do i really like the ps3 way where you use multiMAN so much easier.

It's recently released source code for a circa ~2004 SNES emulator which can be built to run on PS2, that has now been ported to run on PS4 as a PS2toPS4 PKG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back