Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter jwentzell       6      
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwentzell

Contributor
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the ps4 scene, but have been hacking\modding pretty much every console that has come out since the original playstation modchip ('97?).

I just never bothered with the PS4 until now, though i do peak in every so often to see new developments.

I'm wondering if somebody would mind helping with a few questions i have? I currently have a ps4 i havent touched for a few years, it's sitting 5.0.5. I'm mainly looking to run PSN games, maybe some regular ps4 games.
  • Is this a good version to exploit? I've seen a lot about 5.0.5, not too sure about 5.0.2 though. Or is there a better higher version for me to go to?

• Are we able to download\install\run PSN games as easy as we were with PS3 hacks?

• Do the exploits need to be run on every boot? ( i assume so), or are there any CFW's that maybe i'm not aware of? (i doubt it!).

• Could somebody point to maybe an all-in-one FAQ\Doc that may be able to explain all this, for the best version of exploit that i can run?
In the meantime, i'll keep reading the forum and see what i can find out for myself.

Thanks a lot!

Solution
  • Is this a good version to exploit? I've seen a lot about 5.0.5, not too sure about 5.0.2 though. Or is there a better higher version for me to go to?
>>Definitely, the only downside is you need to backport all of the game yourself, it will be long to wait someone make a backport of your game
  • Are we able to download\install\run PSN games as easy as we were with PS3 hacks?
>>Nope, unless the game is already modded to run on a jailbroken ps4
  • Do the exploits need to be run on every boot? ( i assume so), or are there any CFW's that maybe i'm not aware of? (i doubt it!).
>>Yup, you need to run the exploit like the psvita early hack, i'm hoping on near future we have permanent hack like henkaku enso (ps vita...
I'm no expert on the scene however as far as I'm aware 6.72 is stable. There is no reason to stay on that outdated firmware as far as I know, my opinion only.

I personally had 6.72 on one of my 2 ps4 consoles and updated it to 7.02

Most of the newer games require newer firmware.

The hack for ps4 is not permanent like the PS3 you need to utilize it upon every boot as things stand.

That's the extent of my knowledge.

>>Definitely, the only downside is you need to backport all of the game yourself, it will be long to wait someone make a backport of your game
>>Nope, unless the game is already modded to run on a jailbroken ps4
>>Yup, you need to run the exploit like the psvita early hack, i'm hoping on near future we have permanent hack like henkaku enso (ps vita permanent patch)
  • Could somebody point to maybe an all-in-one FAQ\Doc that may be able to explain all this, for the best version of exploit that i can run?
>>I used Leeful Exploit PS-PHWOAR 5.05 version 1.4 (Hen 2.1.4) it's been 6 month now and i never had any kernel panic or the crashes

if your friend have ps4 6.72 you can make a comparison yourself, you can either too keep or to upgrade your ps4 firmware but be aware once you upgrade its firmware you can't go back to 5.05

Solution
Many people reported 6.72 and 7.02 never crashes nor kernel panic because they just used "rest mode" to prevent kernel panic. I am not sure if 6.72 and 7.02 are stability like 5.05 because 5.05 is the best and don't used rest mode and it didn't rarely have kernel panic.

For 6.72 and 7.02 --- It is good for people who use "rest mode" everyday.

I don't know if I am going to update to 6.72 or 7.02 because I don't want to use "rest mode" due that I don't play PS4 everyday. Only every other days depends on my mood and my free time but I love PS4. :)

@caristizabalm

No but in Rest Mode, your PS4 reportedly uses about 10W of power with the default settings. When it’s powered off, it uses about 0.3W instead–it needs some power so it can listen for the controller input that powers it on.

So let’s say you left your PS4 on in rest mode for an entire year without ever touching it, and it was using 10W of power the whole time.

When playing a game your PS4 will use 89 watts per hour and in rest mode, your PS4 will use around 10w per hour meaning rest mode uses 8.9 times less energy than playing a game.

Even when it’s powered off but still connected to the mains your PS4 will use 0.3 W because it needs to understand the input from your controller which turns it on. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back