Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 3, 2021 at 12:41 AM       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently Sony added a Game Trials feature to PlayStation 5 that currently allows those in the PS5 Scene to download trials of Death Stranding: Director's Cut and Sackboy: A Big Adventure through 11:59pm on October 28th and play them for a limited period of time per title before the trial expires. ⌛

According to PushSquare.com, the good news is your progress, save data and trophies carry over should you purchase the full game when the Game Trial expires. :tup:

However, the bad news is the Death Stranding: Director's Cut trial only offers 6 hours of playtime while the Sackboy: A Big Adventure trial allows just 5 hours of playtime... but wait, it gets worse... the timer starts as soon as you click 'Download Trial' on the PS5 console or 'Add to Library' via the Web-based PlayStation Store. :tdown:

Seriously, Sony?! If it takes 3 hours to download Sackboy, then you actually only get to try it for 2 hours. :noexpression:

:idea: Fortunately Eurogamer.net shared a PS5 Download Trial Start Time Bypass courtesy of Redditor jsnals, to quote:

1- Make a new Account with Same Region with your main account
2- Click Download Trial on New Account
3- After Download, Go to Main Account and Click on Download Trial
4- Because you downloaded before, you don't need download again and can play
5- Enjoy

He notes this work-around doesn't allow you to keep playing trials extending the time limit until you beat the game though:

No, but the trials have a limited time that starts when you hit download game. So if you live in a zone with bad Internet connection, you can avoid wasting almost the full trial time downloading the game.
Sony Adds PS5 Game Trials, How to Bypass Download Trial Start Time.jpg

Comments

nice trick
  • download in progress (6 hours 20 minutes left)...
  • downloaded
  • run game
  • trial expired
:D thx s0ny

That's a great idea how to download the game without affecting your time!

It leaves me thinking why would you set it up that way? Talk about an unfair trial. I find it usually take 2 hours to be interested, 4 hours to get hooked. if I get 6 hours in, I'm most likely buying the game. Obviously someone didn't put a lot of thought into this trial. Hopefully they change it soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back