Category PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 29, 2019 at 5:19 PM       1,108       4            
Straight from the 'I could see that coming' department, today Sony officially announced that as of January 30th, 2020 they are shutting down their PlayStation Vue Pay TV service which ran since PS Vue's initial launch in 2015. 📺

According to Sony Interactive Entertainment Deputy President John Kodera, PlayStation fans can continue to access movie and TV content through the PlayStation Store on PS4 and via entertainment apps.

Here's their reasoning why, to quote via PS Blog: "Today we are announcing that we will shut down the PlayStation Vue service on January 30, 2020.

Unfortunately, the highly competitive Pay TV industry, with expensive content and network deals, has been slower to change than we expected. Because of this, we have decided to remain focused on our core gaming business.

PlayStation fans can continue to access movie and TV content through the PlayStation Store on PS4 and via our partnerships with top entertainment apps. With 100 million PlayStation 4s in the market today, our community continues to grow and thrive.

We will continue to deliver the best entertainment experiences across the network, along with other key gaming services, including PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus."

:question: Did anyone here use Sony's PlayStation Vue TV service, and if so will it be missed? Let us know in the comments below. 👻

Sony Axes PlayStation Vue Pay TV Service, Shuts Down January 30, 2020.jpg

Comments

azoreseuropa

Contributor
Verified
Those people who did always said it was the best traditional paid tv service don't know what they were talked about. SMH! (SHAKE MY HEAD).

I am glad that I never purchased it and never will in the future.

Recent Articles
Latest PlayStation VR Promo: Live the Game, Golem PS VR Lullaby Trailer
Today we have two new videos for PlayStation VR fans, the first being Sony's latest PS VR promo dubbed Live the Game and the other is the Lullaby trailer to the latest PSVR game Golem by Highwire...
Black Friday 2019 Ad Scans Featuring Video Game Deals and More!
Keeping tradition as we've done in 2016, 2017 and 2018 here are some direct links to the Black Friday 2019 online ad scans courtesy of BFAds.net featuring deals on the latest video games and...
PS4 APU Floor Plan High-Resolution Die Shots & Vpikhur at Toorcon 2019
Those who enjoy PlayStation 4 eye candy may recall seeing PS4 System Controller High-Res Images awhile back, and recently Volodymyr Pikhur passed along some PS4 APU (Accelerated Processing Unit)...
JoystickUDP: Collection of Methods Using a PS4 Controller with UDPComms
Recently StanfordRoboticsClub shared on Github a collection of methods using a DualShock 4 PS4 Controller with UDPComms, which is a Python library to enable communication between different...