Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 30, 2020 at 6:13 PM       11      
Status
Not open for further replies.
With their official PS5 Gaming Showcase set to be unveiled next week, Sony Interactive Entertainment president and CEO Jim Ryan revealed in an interview that the PlayStation 5 Price won't be the lowest but will be based on the overall value... so it's probably wise to Get Saving if the $499 price prediction is any indication of what to expect on the cost of a next-gen console. 💰💸💲🤑

To quote from Jim Ryan via GamesIndustry.biz on this latest PS5 News update:

"I think the best way that we can address this is by providing the best possible value proposition that we can. I don't necessarily mean lowest price. Value is a combination of many things.

In our area it means games, it means number of games, depth of games, breadth of games, quality of games, price of games... all of these things and how they avail themselves of the feature set of the platform."

In these trying times I'll be surprised if they set a MSRP above $499 for the PlayStation 5 base model, feel free to share your thoughts on the PS5 Forums as well.

Also making rounds on Twitter today, if anyone can translate feel free:
Sony CEO Jim Ryan States PS5 Price Won't be the Lowest, Reflects Value.jpg

Comments

Given the state of things? I think $499 USD is overreaching, just as $599 USD was for the PS3, and things weren't nearly as bad in 2006, as they are in 2020.

"Value" didn't help sell the PS3 anymore than it will the PS5, because "value", is in the eye of the beholder. $499 USD, may as well be $899, with wreckage left over from Covid-19. I'm sure Joe-enthusiast will be camped out to pay that price, but average customer certainly won't be.

If Xbox comes out for $399, PS5 is going to get its a** whooped, just like PS3 did.

With the online game services/subscriptions and in-game purchases, gaming is becoming way too expensive. Owning the console, digital or physical copy of a game doesn't mean you are done spending... then you get hit with expansion dlcs, gear unlocking, hdd expansions and countless unexplainable bullcrap.

By the end of the day, the amount spend is almost as close to own a High-end gaming pc rig 😩

The only reason I got a ps3 for such a high price was due to free online play, unless they plan to bring that back then I feel as if they are going to be the ones paying with their reputation- The next gaming generation might end up favoring xbox, sadly, but no way to know till time takes us there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back