Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 25, 2017 at 5:38 AM       33      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although when exactly is still unconfirmed and open for debate, following the PS5 concept designs this weekend president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment America (SIEA) and Chairman of SIE Worldwide Studios Shawn Layden officially confirmed in an interview that PlayStation 5 will be a thing... eventually! :LOL:

To quote from the interview with German site Golem.de, roughly translated:

Golem.de: When will the first game, which runs on the PS4 Pro - but no longer on a PlayStation 4?

Shawn Layden: That will never happen!

Golem.de: Is the Pro not the entry into the business model, that like evolution of hardware takes place as with smartphones - instead of every few years a whole new generation to build up?

Layden: With the PlayStation 4 Pro we have for the first time implemented this kind of innovation within the life cycle of a console. The pro is really only to offer advantages such as 4K resolutions and HMD for players who can and want to use that. Add to this a more stable image rate and larger hard disk space. But who has a standard PS4 has no real disadvantages. Each of our games will continue to run on the classic PS4 and possibly slightly better on the Pro.

Golem.de: This means that you are more likely to rely on a real PlayStation 5 - whenever that will be?

Layden: Yes. It will probably be some time.

While this isn't surprising to most in the video gaming industry it is reassuring to hear from an executive at Sony, so one day we can all officially begin the wait for a PlayStation 5 jailbreak and PS5 CFW! :D
Sony CEO Shawn Layden Confirms PlayStation 5 (PS5) Will Be Coming.jpg

Comments

I wonder if you will be able to play the retro games on this ps5 like sega snes and other retro games also it would be great if the ps5 if you could play ps1 ps2 ps3 and ps4 like the other consoles of the PlayStation you could play them.

also I wonder if ps5 if you have to install the games as pkgs, every console that comes out you can play games different I myself don't really like the pkg way for the ps4 so I wonder if the ps5 will be like the ps4.

it would be great if you could play the games off external hard drive without the pkg way, maybe you might be able play the ps5 games straight off a external hard drive playing the dumped folder but I will wait till the ps5 comes out and see what stuff comes out for it

The PS5 will really be for later! For my part, the PS4 still has some years ahead (at least 3-4 years). It is not at the end of the race.
Although it has been there for some time, the PS4 era is not over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back