Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 25, 2017 at 5:38 AM       33      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although when exactly is still unconfirmed and open for debate, following the PS5 concept designs this weekend president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment America (SIEA) and Chairman of SIE Worldwide Studios Shawn Layden officially confirmed in an interview that PlayStation 5 will be a thing... eventually! :LOL:

To quote from the interview with German site Golem.de, roughly translated:

Golem.de: When will the first game, which runs on the PS4 Pro - but no longer on a PlayStation 4?

Shawn Layden: That will never happen!

Golem.de: Is the Pro not the entry into the business model, that like evolution of hardware takes place as with smartphones - instead of every few years a whole new generation to build up?

Layden: With the PlayStation 4 Pro we have for the first time implemented this kind of innovation within the life cycle of a console. The pro is really only to offer advantages such as 4K resolutions and HMD for players who can and want to use that. Add to this a more stable image rate and larger hard disk space. But who has a standard PS4 has no real disadvantages. Each of our games will continue to run on the classic PS4 and possibly slightly better on the Pro.

Golem.de: This means that you are more likely to rely on a real PlayStation 5 - whenever that will be?

Layden: Yes. It will probably be some time.

While this isn't surprising to most in the video gaming industry it is reassuring to hear from an executive at Sony, so one day we can all officially begin the wait for a PlayStation 5 jailbreak and PS5 CFW! :D
Sony CEO Shawn Layden Confirms PlayStation 5 (PS5) Will Be Coming.jpg

Comments

Well ofc they're going to make a PS5 in the future that's not rocket science. But everyone needs to booking chill the ps4 has only been out for 4 year? or 5? anyways a consoles life span goes further than that what sony is probaly and should do is a make a more powerful console like what xbox is doing but you'll be able to play with ps4 (phat) people just have better graphics and fps... Man that crap gets me heated af when people say "OOO let's come out with a ps5 oooo" like stfu please you're cancer.
Thats not quite right. 4 to 6 year as of now is the norm. the almost 10 year life span of the ps3, 360 and of the wii u where the exception when looking back over all generation prior to them.

The technology isn't continuing at same pace because moore's law isn't holding up. Besides, we are already close to having better resolution than most people's normal eyesight. Only thing left to do now is to get deeper into 3d. Hoping for holograms and crap.

me 2
switching to

amd rx 580 8 gb
intel xeon e5 2670 8 cores 2.3 turbo to 3.3
8gb ram
and a bookin cheap korean wide screen monitor
If you plan to buy a PC to replace your PS4 in the living room, I'll rather buy a good CPU like a I7-7700K (to play BOTW with CEMU at full FPS).

If you have a 1080p TV you dont need the last GFX card, a cheap GFX1050 or GFX1060 is enough to run ALL games in 1080p + ultrasettings at more than 70-80 FPS. The day you'll buy a 4k TV then you will replace your GFX card for a better one (that day a GFX1070 or GFX1080 will cost less than 150$).

If you plan to buy a PC to replace your PS4 in the living room, I'll rather buy a good CPU like a I7-7700K (to play BOTW with CEMU at full FPS).

If you have a 1080p TV you dont need the last GFX card, a cheap GFX1050 or GFX1060 is enough to run ALL games in 1080p + ultrasettings at more than 70-80 FPS. The day you'll buy a 4k TV then you will replace your GFX card for a better one (that day a GFX1070 or GFX1080 will cost less than 150$).
XEON E5 2670 is the best budget one I see the benchmarks of it are great especially with Vulkan api

XEON E5 2670 is the best budget one I see the benchmarks of it are great especially with Vulkan api
Twice more expensive but +57%faster

povkTOs.jpg

Con of that Xeon:
  • You wont be able to run emulator as CEMU at full speed in 1080p (better than a genuine WiiU)
  • The day you would like to upgrade you'll also have to upgrade the motherboard = pain in the a$s. Upgrade a GFX card takes only 2mn. And with a I7-7700K you'll stay on the top for a very very long time.
With a I7-7700K + SSD, such PC is booting into Windows 10 in less than 10 seconds, that's such a nice sensation. If you plan to use that PC as a gaming machine in the living room, it will remember you a SNES that boots in a few seconds ! :)

But I agree that if you will use that PC only for gaming on PC on a 1080p TV + ultrasettings, that's will be more than enough for at least 6-7 years.

Oh no, better not release it for another 3-5 years, i just bought ps4 pro last years May. as i am skeptical of ps4 pro at first but bought it later. already bought 2 ps4 and 1 ps4 pro in this gen, not gonna buy in another 3 years at least.

Relax, it wont release at anytime. I will bet you 2 cents that it will release around 2023 because of 10 years span. PS4 released in 2013. No worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back