Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 14, 2020 at 12:02 AM       10      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following suit with last year, Sony officially announced they're skipping the annual Electronic Entertainment Expo event known as E3 2020 this year running from June 9-11th in Los Angeles California as well. :nolove:

Confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz, here's Sony Interactive Entertainment's official reasoning on why they've decided to pass on the E3 show again to quote:

"After thorough evaluation SIE has decided not to participate in E3 2020. We have great respect for the ESA as an organization, but we do not feel the vision of E3 2020 is the right venue for what we are focused on this year.

We will build upon our global events strategy in 2020 by participating in hundreds of consumer events across the globe. Our focus is on making sure fans feel part of the PlayStation family and have access to play their favorite content.

We have a fantastic line up of titles coming to PlayStation 4, and with the upcoming launch of PlayStation 5, we are truly looking forward to a year of celebration with our fans."

According to the latest PS5 rumors, Sony is expected to officially unveil their upcoming PlayStation 5 console at a PlayStation Meeting event reported to take place next month.

Cheers to Samuze for the heads-up on this E3 2020 news earlier today! 🍻
Sony Confirms PlayStation is Skipping the E3 2020 Annual Event.jpg

Comments

I get one year but unless E3 is dying (again) this seems like a questionable move. E3 generates a ton of hype. I know multiple people that bought PS4s after the mega-2016 conference where they showed a bunch of stuff that still isn't out yet or just recently launched.

They don't need E3, just look at when the logo was shown, my YouTube was flooded with people just covering that.

Thanks to YouTube and social media in general, E3 isn't really needed anymore, especially now that they want to turn it into an "influencer" event.

I love E3. I love the time of the year where you get so hyped up. Maybe they are skipping because they wanna showcase the new VR things better. Cause hyping up VR only with flat video is very difficult.

game hardware stores are closing, new hacks are not releasing, games have lost their replay value, dlc's have messed the AAA gaming, Online is not free anymore, E3 is dying. microsoft lost the touch.
Welcome to the next decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back