Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter prabin       Start date Apr 27, 2019 at 7:52 AM       39      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding confirmation of PS5 backwards compatibility and 8K output, it appears is Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is finally starting to open up with bits of information on their next-generation PlayStation 5 console! :sneaky:

According to WSJ Technology Reporter Takashi Mochizuki via Gematsu.com, as part of their FY2018 Consolidated Financial Results meeting today Sony stated the PS5 will not launch within the current fiscal year that ends on March 31, 2020... according to Ace Research Institute Analyst Hideki Yasuda it won't be expected until November 2020.

Here's what else came out of the fiscal year meeting (18q4_sonypre.pdf) from Sony thus far from the Tweets below:
  • No next-gen PlayStation launch over next 12 months
  • PS Now has been ave. 40% annual growth since launch, now 700,000 users
  • Much of Y31.1 billion (difference between past fy op vs this fy op outlook) to be invested to develop next PlayStation console
By the answer from SIE, "the possibility that the next generation of PlayStation will be out by April 2020" is now 0.
Sony Financial Results Meeting No PS5 Release Before April 2020.jpg

Comments

Hmmm... just wondering if it would be worth it and what price range i think google stadia comes out before then right ? Only reason to get it would for GOW and TLOU2 exclusives. My personal opinions though, i stand to be corrected.

And in what universe do you expect to play ps4 exclusives on a google platform?

It took years for sony partners to port some exclusive games to pc, only because pc wasn't a competitor. The best ps3/ps4 games which happen to be made by some sony hardcore developers never even reached xbox, so keep dreaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back