Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Aug 26, 2020 at 10:16 PM       24      
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gogogogogo time! :fire: Today Sony opened PlayStation 5 direct pre-orders for US-based consumers with a valid PlayStation Online ID to register for a PS5 console pre-order invitation from PlayStation alongside an FAQ outlining pre-order invitations. 🎟

If you reside in the United States (or have a US-based address it can be shipped to) Register to Pre-order a PS5 Direct from PlayStation, be sure your email address is the one associated with your PSN ID (manage it HERE) and if selected you'll be contacted via email before pre-orders start.

According to their PS5 Direct Pre-orders Page, reservations will be taken on a first-come-first-serve basis, so once you get an invite via email you're encouraged to follow the instructions and act fast. :eek:

Previously in PlayStation 5 News we've covered some PS5 Pre-order Notification Sign Ups, the Official PlayStation 5 Site launch, PS5 Game Pre-orders and the Official PS5 Amazon Page arrival with similar pages set up at retailers including BestBuy, GameStop, Target and Walmart.

Sony has also made available a Deeper Into PS5 FAQ, a PS4 Hardware Compatibility on PS5 FAQ and to quote from their most recent PS5 FAQ Page: FAQs for PS5 Console Pre-Order Invitation from PlayStation

Who will be selected to receive an invitation?

Our selection is based on previous interests and PlayStation activities.

When will I know if I’ve been selected or not?

If you are selected, we will contact you via email before pre-orders start. If you do not receive an email, you were not selected.

If I receive an invitation, am I guaranteed to be able to pre-order a PS5 console?

No. Each invitation is open for a limited time and quantities are limited per PSN ID per transaction:
  • 1 PS5 Console or 1 PS5 Digital Edition
  • 2 DualSense wireless controllers
  • 2 DualSense charging stations
  • 2 Pulse 3D wireless headsets
  • 2 Media remotes
  • 2 HD Cameras
PS5 console pre-order reservations will be first come first serve.

In order to pre-order, do I have to pre-order everything?

No. As long as your product selection falls within unit limits, you may pre-order as many or as few products as you’d like.

How long will I have to make a PS5 console pre-order reservation?

If selected, the expiration date and time will be included in your selection notification email and while supplies last.

Can I reserve more than one PS5 console pre-order?

Due to limited quantities and high demand, we will be limiting PS5 console pre-order reservations to 1 per PSN ID.

Will other PS5 products be available for pre-order?

Yes. Although these will be open to the general public for pre-order, only PS5 console reservations will be limited to those invited to pre-order.

What if I receive a “Sold Out” message?

All available PS5 consoles have been reserved.

I currently reside outside the US. If invited, can I still make a PS5 console pre-order reservation?

If you receive an invite and units are still available, as long as you ship to a US based address, your pre-order reservation will be allowed. Any orders that contain a non-US based address will be cancelled.
Sony Opens PlayStation 5 Direct Pre-orders, Launches PS5 Invitation FAQ!.jpg

Comments

No preorders on video cards, but on new consoles. They're trying to tighten the grip on the market for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back