Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Aug 26, 2020 at 10:16 PM       24      
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gogogogogo time! :fire: Today Sony opened PlayStation 5 direct pre-orders for US-based consumers with a valid PlayStation Online ID to register for a PS5 console pre-order invitation from PlayStation alongside an FAQ outlining pre-order invitations. 🎟

If you reside in the United States (or have a US-based address it can be shipped to) Register to Pre-order a PS5 Direct from PlayStation, be sure your email address is the one associated with your PSN ID (manage it HERE) and if selected you'll be contacted via email before pre-orders start.

According to their PS5 Direct Pre-orders Page, reservations will be taken on a first-come-first-serve basis, so once you get an invite via email you're encouraged to follow the instructions and act fast. :eek:

Previously in PlayStation 5 News we've covered some PS5 Pre-order Notification Sign Ups, the Official PlayStation 5 Site launch, PS5 Game Pre-orders and the Official PS5 Amazon Page arrival with similar pages set up at retailers including BestBuy, GameStop, Target and Walmart.

Sony has also made available a Deeper Into PS5 FAQ, a PS4 Hardware Compatibility on PS5 FAQ and to quote from their most recent PS5 FAQ Page: FAQs for PS5 Console Pre-Order Invitation from PlayStation

Who will be selected to receive an invitation?

Our selection is based on previous interests and PlayStation activities.

When will I know if I’ve been selected or not?

If you are selected, we will contact you via email before pre-orders start. If you do not receive an email, you were not selected.

If I receive an invitation, am I guaranteed to be able to pre-order a PS5 console?

No. Each invitation is open for a limited time and quantities are limited per PSN ID per transaction:
  • 1 PS5 Console or 1 PS5 Digital Edition
  • 2 DualSense wireless controllers
  • 2 DualSense charging stations
  • 2 Pulse 3D wireless headsets
  • 2 Media remotes
  • 2 HD Cameras
PS5 console pre-order reservations will be first come first serve.

In order to pre-order, do I have to pre-order everything?

No. As long as your product selection falls within unit limits, you may pre-order as many or as few products as you’d like.

How long will I have to make a PS5 console pre-order reservation?

If selected, the expiration date and time will be included in your selection notification email and while supplies last.

Can I reserve more than one PS5 console pre-order?

Due to limited quantities and high demand, we will be limiting PS5 console pre-order reservations to 1 per PSN ID.

Will other PS5 products be available for pre-order?

Yes. Although these will be open to the general public for pre-order, only PS5 console reservations will be limited to those invited to pre-order.

What if I receive a “Sold Out” message?

All available PS5 consoles have been reserved.

I currently reside outside the US. If invited, can I still make a PS5 console pre-order reservation?

If you receive an invite and units are still available, as long as you ship to a US based address, your pre-order reservation will be allowed. Any orders that contain a non-US based address will be cancelled.
Sony Opens PlayStation 5 Direct Pre-orders, Launches PS5 Invitation FAQ!.jpg

Comments

Meh. Marketing hype. Never buy a console at launch. Give it a couple months at least, and you'll avoid many launch issues, and since there are so few launch games anyway, why pre-order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back