Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 12, 2016 at 12:08 AM       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS4 Slim and PS VR Headset teardown videos, today some have surfaced spotlighting Sony's new PlayStation 4 Pro showing the 4K console's disassembly for video gaming enthusiasts and hackers alike! :ninja:

To quote from Sid Shuman on Sony's Blog: PS4 Pro is PlayStation’s most powerful console yet. But what does it look like on the inside? See for yourself in our new video where Keiichi Aoki, Director of Mechanical Design, disassembles the new system screw by screw.

PlayStation 4 Pro Teardown | PS4 Pro
From the caption: PS4 Pro is PlayStation’s most powerful console yet. But what does it look like on the inside? Find out in PlayStation.Blog's official PS4 Pro teardown video.

PS4 PRO TEARDOWN & DISASSEMBLY NEW MODEL!
From the video's caption: Let's take a look inside newest PS4 PRO model :)

Details: PS4 PRO 1TB CUH-7016B
Motherboard: NVA-001 with new APU CXD90044GB
HDD: HGST 5k1000-1000 1TB 5400rpm Sata 6.0GB/s
PSU: ADP-300CR (+4.8V~1.5A and +12V~23.5A)

Music comes from Best Music Compilation. Link. This is early video without few details like model of Bluray Drive...

On our official website you can look at photos from full reballing of new APU CXD90044GB

PS4 Pro Teardown - Detailed Disassembly
From TronicsFix.com: We teardown our brand new PS4 PRO. After unboxing, testing the heat output, power consumption and noise level we take apart the entire console to see what powers this thing.

The PS4 PRO is definitely a true powerhouse. It consumes more power, has much more computing power and has a seriously beefed up cooling system.

We find some serious upgrades like an X-clamp that clamps down all four corners of the APU. The APU has over twice as much computing power as the PS4 slim. Overall the look is great and the hardware looks awesome.
Thanks to both @ArthurBishop and @Figure03 for the heads-up in the PSXHAX Shoutbox today! :love:
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro Teardown  PS4 Pro Disassembly Videos.jpg

Comments

took me 6 hours to do it manually and I am not doing this again :) but I did manage to buy stencil from a small supplier in China for just 18 pounds. Thank you for your reply.

btw, if anyone ever need 4.55 motherboards or consoles, let me know. I often have them in stock, based in UK. Thank you for your time guys.

hi. can anyone please tell me the dimentions of the playstation 4 pro motherboard? I want to buy one but I need to make sure that it will fit in my project. It's something diferent and I need to make sure that it will fit in the box.

Thanks in advance

@fernandomacedo
The actual size of the motherboard I do not know exactly but I can give you the external size on the PS4 PRO and you can deduce yourself that the motherboard is not very different in size.

PS4 PRO External dimensions, approx. 295×327x55mm or (11.61x12.87x2.17 inches)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back