Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 4, 2017 at 5:29 AM       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark your calendars for Monday, June 12, 2017 at 6:00 PM PT (9:00 PM EDT) as Sony has confirmed that is when they'll be hosting their PlayStation E3 2017 Media Showcase and Press Conference event.

Just like last year, it will be held in The Shrine Auditorium and Expo Hall in Los Angeles, California and here's to hoping the PS4 Super Slim Rumors or other exciting announcements are forthcoming by Sony... a price drop would most definitely be welcomed too! :hearteyes:

The Electronic Entertainment Expo runs this year from June 13-15, 2017 and we'll post more updates on what Sony has planned as additional details including game line-ups are revealed.
Sony PlayStation E3 2017 Media Showcase Press Conference Date.jpg

Comments

I don't think they'll be releasing a "super slim" because they have released 3 consoles now and not to mention but the pro is a waste of money anyways i think they might wait until the middle of next year to announce and release a new "ps4" to compete with the new xbox.

If they do i would think that would be a pretty bad idea since people buy consoles for the longevity so they dont have to upgrade every year so if they did that would beat the purpose of having a console and at that point you should just goto pc gaming.

The major problem with sony is that their games are not backwards compatible and those that bought ps3 and ps2 games even ps1 can't play it without getting a ps3 and even a ps2 console doesn't even connect to their store any more, xbox tries to make theirs backwards compatible so that if you get a new console you can still play your old ones and still have all your collections with you which makes sense and make me think that people are still waiting for scorpio, that is if they have more good games, the console doesn't cost an arm and a leg and you don't have to keep paying for everything to game and they focus more on games and less on multimedia that even your xbox live does not cover.

Sony really need to think straight not everything is 4k, also with my prediction, 4k will become main stream like 1080p in 2019 so sony can wait till late 2018 to release a ps5. Xbox's approach might work but they need more than netflix and hulu to attract players, they focus more on multimedia instead of games and sony is trying to copy them and that will still fail in the long run that is only if they can make the console's gaming priority to be about 80% and multimedia about 20%. Not everyone that has a console would want anyone going there without their permission.

Also if they really do want to go with multimedia, then once a person subscribes for psn or xbox live, they should allow the player to get some streaming services or channels for free then if you want more you can now pay extra.

Well that's just my thoughts on things.

The major problem with sony is that their games are not backwards compatible and those that bought ps3 and ps2 games even ps1 can't play it without getting a ps3 and even a ps2 console doesn't even connect to their store any more, xbox tries to make theirs backwards compatible so that if you get a new console you can still play your old ones and still have all your collections with you which makes sense and make me think that people are still waiting for scorpio, that is if they have more good games, the console doesn't cost an arm and a leg and you don't have to keep paying for everything to game and they focus more on games and less on multimedia that even your xbox live does not cover.

Sony really need to think straight not everything is 4k, also with my prediction, 4k will become main stream like 1080p in 2019 so sony can wait till late 2018 to release a ps5. Xbox's approach might work but they need more than netflix and hulu to attract players, they focus more on multimedia instead of games and sony is trying to copy them and that will still fail in the long run that is only if they can make the console's gaming priority to be about 80% and multimedia about 20%. Not everyone that has a console would want anyone going there without their permission.

Also if they really do want to go with multimedia, then once a person subscribes for psn or xbox live, they should allow the player to get some streaming services or channels for free then if you want more you can now pay extra.

Well that's just my thoughts on things.

No, PS5 will not happen for other 5 years or so. Since PS4 is only 5 years old now. It is here to stay. The lifespan is 10 years and perhaps 12 years at least. Yeah, PS5 will not happen.

I don't think they'll be releasing a "super slim" because they have released 3 consoles now and not to mention but the pro is a waste of money anyways i think they might wait until the middle of next year to announce and release a new "ps4" to compete with the new xbox.

If they do i would think that would be a pretty bad idea since people buy consoles for the longevity so they dont have to upgrade every year so if they did that would beat the purpose of having a console and at that point you should just goto pc gaming.
If they do release another ps in the near future expect what happened to sega in the 90s to happen to sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back