Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS Vita News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 16, 2018 at 4:55 AM       12      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we saw the end of PS3 production in Japan, and despite Sony pushing PS Vita Firmware 3.68 live last month they are officially ending production of physical PlayStation Vita games. o_O

According to Kotaku.com, digital distribution including Vita PSN titles will continue for the time being with details below, to quote:

"Sony's American and European branches “plan to end all Vita GameCard production by close of fiscal year 2018,” the company told developers today in a message obtained by Kotaku.

The message asks that all Vita product code requests be submitted by June 28, 2018, and that final purchase orders be entered by February 15, 2019. Sony’s 2018 fiscal year will end on March 31, 2019."

For those wondering, the PlayStation Vita launched in Japan on December 17, 2011 and in North America and throughout Europe on February 22, 2012.

On the bright side, the PS Vita homebrew scene is still alive and kicking with some recent updates from TheFloW via Twitter below:

Sony to End PlayStation Vita GameCard Physical Game Production.jpg

Comments

They should just discontinue the Vita. It was great in 2011 but the hardware is so outdated now compared to Smartphones.

damn. this SUCKS. just as we are getting the hack too. i very recently bought my vita and hoped to begin building a collection for it. this is really sad :'(

I thought the vita was awesome, a little outdated but still lots of potential. I liked that (back in day) fire up the vita at work and play my PS4 that was at home. Though only a handful of games I liked. Most games seemed to be RPG or RPG based. With the exception of a few games. Eventually I sold both of mine as the games were getting boring. Can only play woff so many times lol
R.i.p vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back