The new SSD drives are 7mm thick in the 2.5-inch form-factor, allowing them to be installed in notebooks with upgradeable drive bays.
Available in capacities of 240 GB (SLW-MG2) and 480 GB (SLW-MG4), the SSDs feature a 9.5mm spacer, along with a license to Acronis True image 2015 HD.
According to Sony's product page, the SSD's come bundled with SSD Toolbox for managing and saving your data. The full list of key features include:
The SLW-M series SSDs are currently available in Sony stores, with pricing for the 240 GB (SLW-MG2) at $139 and $259 for the 480 GB (SLW-MG4).
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: 7-9.5mm spacer
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 69.85 x 7 x 100mm
- WEIGHT: Approx. 50 ~ 60g
- CAPACITY: 240 GB – 480 GB
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: 0°C to +70°C (Non-condensing)
- STORAGE TEMPERATURE: -40°C to +85°C (Non-condensing)