Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 18, 2018 at 11:20 PM       24      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many recall when Nintendo launched the NES Classic that was jailbroken followed by the SNES Classic which was also hacked... enter Sony's latest mini console called the PlayStation Classic featuring 20 pre-loaded games. :love:

Classic games included are Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, Wild Arms and 17 other legendary titles as the new mini-console launches on December 3rd at an MSRP of $99.99, although the AC adaptor will be sold separately. o_O

Here's more from PlayStation Worldwide Marketing Senior VP Eric Lempel alongside a video demo below!

To quote: Today, we are excited to announce that we are bringing back the original PlayStation experience in a new miniaturized version – PlayStation Classic! The console will come pre-loaded with 20 classic titles, including fan-favorites such as Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms.

Introducing PlayStation Classic
Sony Unveils PlayStation Classic Console with 20 Pre-Loaded Games 2.jpgThe mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation, and it emulates the original’s look and feel by featuring similar controllers and packaging.

Long-time fans will appreciate the nostalgia that comes with rediscovering the games they know and love, while gamers who might be new to the platform can enjoy the groundbreaking PlayStation console experience that started it all. All of the pre-loaded games will be playable in their original format.

Available for pre-order at select retailers across the US and CAN, each unit will also come with an HDMI cable to connect to their TV, a USB cable, and two controllers for local multiplayer within compatible titles. PlayStation Classic will be available for $99.99 USD (MSRP) / $129.99 CAN (MSRP) on December 3, 2018 – a historic date for all of us at PlayStation.

Visit PlayStation.com for more details on regional availability, and stay tuned to the Blog for the full lineup of titles coming to PlayStation Classic. There are more fan favorites, and we can’t wait to share more details in the coming months.

What are your favorite original PlayStation memories? Share in the comments below!
Sony Unveils PlayStation Classic Console with 20 Pre-Loaded Games.jpg

Comments

I see the lid opens but does it play original ps1 disk. Probably only plays special disk games that will be sold.

Frankly I dont see the point of this except exploiting people's nostalgia. The PlayStation Vita TV does everything this does and then some.

PS1 Games? Check.
PSP Games? Check.
PSV Games? Check.
Emulators? Check.
DS3/DS4 Support? Check.

And above all this it will most likely have limited memory limiting the number if games it can store at any given time.

I already know about it this early morning. I am so getting it -- EUROPE VERSION! Someone will hack it and more games.. Castlevania and Rockman/Megaman/Tron Bonne games for me!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back