Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 9, 2017 at 11:02 PM       21,628       26            
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his PS4 NamedObj Kernel Exploit Strategy Overview PlayStation 4 developer SpecterDev shared a progress update on the PS4 v4.05 kernel exploit today with a release expected to arrive in coming weeks. :D

This comes following the recent PS4 4.01 / 4.05 Code Execution proof-of-concept and of course the Adieu: PS4 Kernel Exploit for Firmware 4.05 documentation by the Fail0verflow Team.

Here's an excerpt from @SpecterDev via Wololo's recent interview, to quote:

Wololo: Speaking of your implementation, do you still plan on releasing it? If so, do you have a rough estimate of how far you are? What are the issues you’re dealing with when it comes to this implementation?

SpecterDev: Yes I do, I’m at that point of leaking a good object to ensure the exploit is stable. I do have a good object leaking as well as a trigger for code execution, it’s just a matter of how practical it is to implement into the exploit, which I am currently testing now. After I know the object can be used effectively in the exploit, things get much easier. I hope to get a release out soon (within the next week or so) – I’ve just been busy with real life stuff so with the exception of weekends, I don’t have a lot of time to work on the exploit during the week.

I’ll also be publishing a write-up for the kernel exploit when it is ready, in it I’ll break down how the exploit works step by step. My hope is it will not only be a nice read for security researchers interested in the PS4, but will also give those in the community without a background in infosec a bit more information on how big releases involving kernel exploits work behind the scenes. Maybe it will inspire some to look into software security where they otherwise would not have :veryhappy:

Here's looking forward to his PlayStation 4 v4.05 Kernel Exploit release in the next week or so alongside the related documentation for other PS4 developers to examine and put to good use for the scene! :fire:
Thanks to both @hyndrid and @Plankton for the heads-up on this PS4 v4.05 OFW progress update in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! (y)
SpecterDev on PlayStation 4 v4.05 Kernel Exploit Progress Updates.jpg

Comments

Status

nokodemus

Contributor
Great Stuff and awesome news for my recently purchased FW 2.01 device :)

Besides the exploit itself i'm also looking forward to:
but will also give those in the community without a background in infosec a bit more information on how big releases involving kernel exploits work behind the scenes.
Kudos to SpecterDev :cool:

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
You can using THIS guide, however as you are probably aware lower is almost always better for hacks when it comes to console Firmware versions. :geek:

Status
Recent Articles
PS5 DualShock 5 (DS5) Controller Images Surface in Japanese Patent
Following Sony's New Controller Patent, PS5 Devkit Prototype Leak and recent PS5 Transition Update in preparation for the PlayStation 5 2020 Launch today some PS5 DualShock 5 (DS5) Controller...
PlayStation Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019 Deals Revealed!
We've seen the 2019 Black Friday Ad Scans featuring a $199 PS4 Bundle with 3 Games or PSVR Bundle with 5 Games and today Sony revealed their official PlayStation Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019...
PSPlay: PS4 Remote Play App for Android Devices by Grill2010
Hi, In case someone is interested, after PSJoy which I've released one year ago and following my RemotePlayPrototype open source research project I have developed a new Android app called PSPlay...
PS4 Open-world RPG Shenmue III Joins New Games Next Week
Next week Yu Suzuki's open-world RPG series returns in the legendary Shenmue III on PS4 among the new video game releases! 🕹 PlayStation 4 fans can catch up with Ryo Hazuki in his ongoing quest...