Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Jim Reaper       10      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Reaper

Contributor
Can some one please tell my what steps I need to Jailbreak my PS3? I have an E3 Flasher but I am a NOOB and I don't understand a lot of the terminology and acronyms used in the guide threads. I am comfortable doing the work I just need some guidance on what files I need and what order I need to perform the tasks necessary to jail break my PS3 attached is an image of my console stats. Thank you very much. Please help
me!

We had a long thread on E3 on the old site, here are a few links to relevant posts from it that may be of use with downgrading your 80GB CECHK Fat OFW 4.80 console:
Beyond that, there is also a decent condensed E3 Flasher tutorial from baileyscream (Archived) and a more extensive E3 Flasher Downgrade guide from playerkp420 (Archived) and I've added one more video guide below from YouTube. (y)

If you have any questions during the process reply back and I'm sure one of the talented installers here such as @racer0018 will be happy to assist ya :)

Make sure you follow all the instructions. A bad flash would be the last thing you would like to have. In case you have any doubt regarding any of the steps, clarify them beforehand and then only proceed with the flashing.

What is the model of your system. When I see that ps3 it gets me thinking of the nand ps3 system. They made both, nor and nand systems. Remember that the e3 can't do nand systems. Thanks.

Make sure you follow all the instructions. A bad flash would be the last thing you would like to have. In case you have any doubt regarding any of the steps, clarify them beforehand and then only proceed with the flashing.
Thank you.
What is the model of your system. When I see that ps3 it gets me thinking of the nand ps3 system. They made both, nor and nand systems. Remember that the e3 can't do nand systems. Thanks.
Mine is a NOR system.

I hope someone can set me straight on my problem with my PS3 jailbreak. I followed the step by step tutorial on using the E3 Flasher and got three dumps. All three checked OK in the Nor Checker program with no errors. however; when I try to update any one of the three dumps in the dump checker program I get the error shown in the picture below. If anyone can help me out i would really appreciate it.

NOR INSPECTOR.JPG

Attachments

• DUMP PATCHER.JPG
    DUMP PATCHER.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 889
You dont need to downgrade anymore. The only thing you have to do is to patch a perfect dump with 3 Musketeers patch and reflash it.

To check the dump you need three tools, or two as minimum. Get PS3 NOR/NAND Statistic and PS3 DUMP CHECKER V1.0 BUILD 4.88, also you can use a hex editor.

Drop the dump in statistic and you have to get a: "no errors found"
Drop the dump in checker (first activate:arrow on right corner - download lastest hashlist, to avoid a false "ros1/ros0 error")
You have to get a OK, but if you have one ros hash error,dont worry, the dump is safe anyway.
If you have some different errors from checkers, just reinstall the clip/linker.

After that you can open a hex editor and check some offsets to make sure the dump is not bad-if you want-but if you already got good results from the other tools, dont need the hex check.

After this you have to PATCH your dump to reflash it. Look for three musketeers patcher and follow the steps, you'll get a "bkpps3.bin.patched".
Save the original on your pc and rename the patched as the original in the microSD.
Insert in E3 flasher and reflash it.
Done.
You avoided all the heavy/boring process of downgrading a console.
When reset you can install a 4.80cfw.

Sorry if my english is bad, i speak spanish.
Yes, i can check it and patch it, but never make your dumps public, because someone else could steal your CIDs to unban another console. If you trust me just send it in a private message.
It took just 5 minutes, or ten with (while drinking a coffee) a hex check.

Do you use the clip or the linker??

This dump is BAD , do not write it to flash!!! I NEVER had bad ROS0/1 ERROR , do check if u have latest hash list and latest tool !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back