Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the previous Nintendo 64 (N64) PS2 on PS4 emulator port demo video and precompiled SM64 for PS3 via @zecoxao on Twitter, this weekend PlayStation 4 scene homebrew developer @Markus95 (aka @Kus00095) shared further details on the Super Mario 64 (SM64) Native Port at Logic-Sunrise.com noting the following about the PS4 PKG PS3 PKG given to him by Red-J (Twitter), to quote roughly translated:

"As Red-J says we have known each other for more than 10 years and it's been a long time since we communicate more since the PMs of LS... and what we say or share to each other does not concern LS or anyone else.

I then myself asked the dev behind the pkg, if I could give the info or not, he gave me the permission to news on it... and here is the news.

So I made a new one which respects the site charter, neither more nor less... without giving a link to the pkg... and specifying that links to the pkg are simply prohibited."

:alert: As a result of Nintendo's Recent Legal Action downloads, file names, hashes, hints, links, etc won't be posted so find them on your own. Anyone disregarding this notice will receive a permanent infraction with no other warning! :alert:

:arrow: Update: PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @Osirisx has updated his Github repository now with a legal native Super Mario 64 Port minus the required assets for compiling the game.

From the README.md, to quote: Super Mario 64 Port
  • This repo contains a full decompilation of Super Mario 64 (J), (U), and (E) with minor exceptions in the audio subsystem.
  • Naming and documentation of the source code and data structures are in progress.
  • Efforts to decompile the Shindou ROM steadily advance toward a matching build.
  • Beyond Nintendo 64, it can also target Linux and Windows natively.
This repo does not include all assets necessary for compiling the game. A prior copy of the game is required to extract the assets.

Building for the PS4

Prerequisites

1. For running this on the PS4 you will first need to extract the OpenGL module libScePigletv2VSH.sprx and the shader compiler module libSceShaccVSH.sprx from RetroArch_PS4_r4.pkg. You can search and find this package online.
Once extracted, transfer the modules to your PS4 in the location below. Create the subdirs if they are not there.
Code:
/data/self/system/common/lib/libScePigletVSH.sprx

/data/self/system/common/lib/libSceShaccVSH.sprx
  1. You will also need the Super Mario 64 ROM file baserom.VERSION.z64 where VERSION can be us, jp, or eu.
Build Instructions
  1. Install and setup OpenOrbis-PS4-Toolchain (Version 0.5 for Linux was used at the time of this build)
  2. Clone the repo:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/OsirizX/sm64-port.git -b ps4 --single-branch --recurse-submodules
This will create a directory sm64-port and then enter it cd sm64-port.
  1. Place baserom.VERSION.z64 into the repository's root directory for asset extraction.
  2. Run make TARGET_PS4=1 pkg to build the game. Add -j4 to improve build time.
  3. The installable pkg will be located at build/UP0001-CUSA64001_00-0000000000000001.pkg
Note

Savedata is stored at /data/sm64_save_file.bin.

Credits
  • The OpenOrbis team for their PS4 toolchain.
  • fgsfds for the PS3 port.
  • bythos14 for the Vita port.
  • flatz for making OpenGL possible on the PS4.
Spoiler

Cheers to @DEFAULTDNB for passing along this news and sharing the picture below: 🍻
Super Mario 64 (SM64) Native Port PS4 PKG Details Surface.jpg

Comments

My guess is it contains copyrighted code... I don't follow that scene much myself, but apparently there were some major leaks (DevKits, Pokemon stuff, etc) in recent months on 4Chan so perhaps the Big N is on a warpath and most sceners want to avoid being in the crossfire.

It's been ported in Switchback in May this year. Yeah they're modding those 2D Pokemon games and adding more content to it.

@Kus00095 I updated the OP now.

@GREEDYPESOS There are PS2, PS3 and PS4 ports in the pack (includes 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333.rap and UP0000-SLUS11111_00-PS2CLASSICS00000.pkg for PS3 and UP9000-SLUS20091_00-SLUS200910000001-A0100-V0100.pkg for PS4)... for comparison purposes the PlayStation 4 PKG is around 62 MB in size.

It's circulating the Internet publicly where warez typically are found and buried in Twitter feeds and Discord channels also... none can be mentioned here though.

Unfortunately due to the nature of the release and current affairs most sites are not posting the files as nobody wants to be Nintendo's next target.

We'll now close this thread for the time being, as leaving it open would likely lead to continuous requests or potential rule violations. Good luck in your search everyone!

Update: The OP has been updated with a legal version (minus assets) on OsirizX's Github that can be compiled for those interested, however, we're unable to post the 45 MB compiled pack that includes libScePigletv2VSH.sprx, libSceShaccVSH.sprx, sm64-ps4.self and UP0001-CUSA64001_00-0000000000000001.pkg with the EU / US asset files.

Update #2: A Super Mario 64 (SM64) PS4 Native Port (PS4-9.00-MARION64.rar - 60.09 MB - includes PS4-9.00-MARION64.pkg) for PS4 9.00 Jailbroken consoles is also added to the spoiler in the OP now. :tup:

Update #3: Yet another Super Mario 64 PS4 Port by OsirizX built using OpenOrbis PS4 Toolchain via mindfreakdev on Github is also available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back