Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter BassStyles       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.

BassStyles

Contributor
Here is my dilemma, I had a Phat PS3 with Rogero CFW on it with all my backups/emulators. It crapped out. Bought another Phat PS3 and it has 4.80 Rebug and when I tried to put my HDD from my old PS3, it didn't recognize the HDD and wanted to format it.

My question is, is it possible to not lose my HDD by having to reformat it by installing a Rogero CFW on my new PS3?

I just downgraded my 4.80 Rebug to 3.55 999 Rebug in hopes of maybe going over to a Rogero CFW so it will recognize my HDD from my old PS3. Before I go any further though, thought I'd reach out to you guys to see if this will work even. Thanks a bunch in advance.

From what I've read the consensus is mixed... some say you won't be able to except for using Sony's 'limited' PS3 Data Transfer Utility, while others like the guy in the video below say you can do it as long as the Firmware is the same on both consoles.

I do know there are numerous methods (detailed below the videos) of liberating PS3 game saves so you don't lose those.

Which model Phat PS3 do you have? That may be useful info as others reply to this thread to help further :)

Thanks for your response!

I'm going from a 20gb Phat to a 40gb Phat CECHG01.

As I mentioned, I've already downgraded from 4.80 Rebug > 3.55.4 999 Rebug, but can I switch over to 4.46/4.55 Rogero at this point?

I've read different things, such as having to install 3.55.4 Rex Rebug before installing another CFW. Initially I read that Rogero 3.55 Downgrader > Rogero CEX 3.55 v3.7 was needed to switch to a new CFW. I figured Rebug Downgrader was the same as the Rogero one, especially since I was already on a Rebug CFW.

I activated the QA Flag when I installed the 4.80 Rebug, so I'm not sure if that allows me to go to a different CFW at this point being on the 3.55 999.

Unfortunately I can't recall what my Rogero CFW was on my old PS3. I THINK it was 4.46, but I can always go up from there to 4.55 in case it wasn't. Looks as though Rogero has been out of the game for quite some time, so I don't think I installed anything post 4.55.

So to summarize, I'm willing to see if being on the same CFW as my old PS3 will work with my old HDD, but just wanted to avoid a brick before switching from 3.55 999 Rebug to a Rogero one. Thanks again!

I'm willing to see if being on the same CFW as my old PS3 will work with my old HDD, but just wanted to avoid a brick before switching from 3.55 999 Rebug to a Rogero one.
Gotcha... hopefully someone here can confirm whether being on the same Firmware version works for swapping PS3 HDD's or not.

We all know the PS3 HDD's are encrypted, but there are also lots of tools to decrypt them including PS3 HDD Toolbox, PS3 HDD Studio, PS3 HDD Reader / PS3 HDD Utility and PS3Xport which allows you to encrypt and decrypt content from PS3 hard drive backups.

That said though, many of the tools are not geared for beginners so it's mostly developers who make use of them.

You CAN'T swap hdd on different consoles as it's encrypted with different EID key , so no swapping hdd in hope of recovering all data. ONLY option to retrieve data is bringing back to life old console even for moment and dumping EID key with key dumper and decrypting hdd from old console on your PC , then you can transfer all your data , you can as well skip resigning save's if you will go to debug settings and enable "fake save data owner".

Well, I ended up cutting my losses and reformatted the HDD, but if there is any consolation, I luckily backed up all my games to an external HDD before my PS3 YLOD on me. I just didn't want to spend hours transferring them back over, but I suppose I can just try to play them one at a time.

Thanks for your replies! I do have one more question. Is it possible to go from Rebug 4.80 to Rogero 4.55 directly? I have the QA enabled on the Rebug Toolbox, but it would be easier then to 3.55 999 it again. (Also for some reason I'm getting the "this data isn't supported on this system" error this time trying to downgrade when it worked without a hitch last time :-T)

Why would you want to go to 3.55 or 4.55 that's absolutely pointless , live happy life on rebug 4.80 ;) , you can dump a EID key now so you can recover data its easy just in case, as it's in rebug tool box / utilities / dump eid root key , copy it from console and keep it safe ;)

Well, in all honesty I've been having difficulty with Rebug where I never had issues with Rogero. Discovered I was on 4.55 before the death of my old PS3, so thought I'd return to that.

I mean, if you can assist me in becoming more accustomed to Rebug I'll stay on it ;)

I've been getting errors trying to load my bought PSN games. The 80010009 pops up and also the 8001003A error as well now.

Just to make sure, I transferred my games over via USB and through MultimanOS, copied the GAMES>MvC2>PS3_GAME>USDIR file to HDD001>GAMES folder right or does it go to the game>Multiman>GAMES folder? Also it keeps trying to read it off my USB when mounting it instead of the internal HDD.

I also noticed I backed up some exdata and noticed some RIF, DAT, and EDAT files that look necessary in authenticating my purchased PSN game that needs to be put back on the console as well.

Anyway, yea like I said, I wasn't having any troubles with Rogero 4.55 before the untimely demise of my PS3, plus I still have all the emulators that were signed for that firmware backed up as well. Can't seem to find any emulators that support 4.80 unless they don't need to these days? So many questions... Questions that need answering haha

Those days all works from external hdd, you have to change some settings in toolbox, all will work on 4.80 as keys are same for last 3 years from what i recall 4.21 is all same, there are some tutorials on how to activate psn games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back