Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 4, 2017 at 1:37 PM       14      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his previous revision, today PlayStation 3 developer @jjkkyu updated the PS3 homebrew application TrueAncestor Backup Retailer to version 2.20 with the changes outlined below. (y)

Download: TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Retailer_v2.20.zip (1.45 MB) / TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Retailer_v2.20.zip (Mirror) / Tips on TABR v2.2

To quote from jjkkyu on the TrueAncestor BACKUP Retailer v2.20 update changelog:

v2.20
1. Improve game backup converting compatibility.
2. Add convert game backup function, you can get converted game backup in 'converted' folder now.
3. Re-organize main menu.

:idea: For those unaware, if you have a PlayStation 3 console model that isn't downgradeable to install PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW) on you may want to check out the recent PS3 Data Transfer Utility (DTU) / Backup Injection / Converting PS3 CFW games to OFW methods if you haven't already! :D

Also to download PlayStation 3 PSN game update patches use:
Code:
https://a0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tpl/np/BLESXXXXX/BLEXXXXX-ver.xml
and replace the BLESXXXXX with the ID of the game you want a patch for.

TrueAncestor Backup Retailer v2.20 PS3 Update by Jjkkyu Released.png

Comments

It depends on which Firmware version the target OFW PS3 is on, if it's above 4.70 the second (source) PS3 on CFW is necessary.

Do you mean for a 4.81 OFW target console without a second PS3 on CFW? If so, that's news to me... unless I'm not following correctly. o_O

Gotcha, that's what I figured... the reason that thread was closed is because the games tested weren't the new ones (which failed) if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back