Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 16, 2017 at 11:39 PM       16      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his last update and recent TABR Usage Tutorial, today PlayStation 3 developer @jjkkyu updated the PS3 homebrew application TrueAncestor Backup Retailer to version 2.30 followed by v2.41 with the changes detailed below. :love:

Download: TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Retailer_v2.30.zip (1.46 MB) / TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Retailer_v2.30.zip (Mirror by jjkkyu) / TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Retailer_v2.41.zip (1.43 MB) / PSX_Repacker_v2.zip (992 KB)

To quote from his post on the translated changelog: TABR v2.30

1. Fix insert disc issue in converting engine.
2. Add set output path function, now backup can be generated to external drive directly.
3. Add generate LIC.DAT/EDAT function.
4. Rename 'Final Comfirmation' switch to 'Wait before Injection'.
5. Change instructions to user manual.
6. Fix a bug in extracting backup with IDPS.
7. Add splitted files check, not allow to add game backup or folder containing splitted files.

v2.40
1. Add prepared slot function, now users can inject their prepared files directly without copying to workspace.
2. Update ps3xploit to Imn7's modded version, injection works on the latest OFW 4.85.
3. Update user manual.

v2.41
1. Fix a fatal craching issue in adding Game Backups. Sorry for the careless testing.
2. Update user manual.
TrueAncestor Backup Retailer v2.30 PS3 Update by Jjkkyu Released.png

Comments

How to skip copying to Workspace process in tabr 2.30? i am trying inject backup for 70 gb! its stuck in halfway process.

and also copying to workspace is unnecessarily creating the same folder from 'game' folder to 'workspace' folder.

cant we ourselves copy it with ctrl+v? whats the difference?

so i really left behind at the scene. recently i'm starting try backup method to my 3xxxx 4.81 without cfw, and using this tool for inject the backup.

i don't know if this opinion has been passed to dev or not, but when i read the method i using, it said that TABR uses plenty of hdd space. when i try it by myself, the process need 4x times total size of the game what user want.

example, if i have 1TB with only one partition. my collection of converted game is 250GB in folder "D:/GAMES". if i want to inject all of my games. then i have to copy the games to "D:/TABR/game" cost 250GB again. when i start TABR process, it copy again from folder "D:/TABR/game" to "D:/TABR/workspace" cost another 250GB again. at least, the output cost once more 250GB. total 1TB

from my example above, if i cut first step, that's mean, no collection folder, then it need 3x total size, means 750GB. last, if i have 2 hdd or 2 partition and set output folder to other hdd/partition, is can be 2x total size on the process. means 500GB.

i have same thoughts as @shahul hameed wrote, maybe in next release, devs can cut the workspace process, or maybe can give clarification what workspace process really do

by the way, thx for the great tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back